Getting some tummy time in the Pack 'n' Play :)
So close, yet so far!
Tonight was definitely not a typical Wednesday night for us. After work, Michael came home to change his clothes and then all three of us headed to PGP Motorsports Park, in Kent, for some go kart racing! As a part of his friend Micah's bachelor party last month, he and the boys went to this race track, and he hasn't stopped talking about it since. I was definitely excited to try my hand at racing, but was also really nervous. Michael invited about 11 of his coworkers, but fortunately, only 4 showed up (If I was going to swerve off the road and hit a barrier, the fewer witnesses, the better!)
Trying to show the whole track (picture doesn't really do it justice)
It was legit; each race took about 15 minutes and the karts reached speeds up to 48 mph!
Watching other racers; trying to mentally prepare myself
After signing our lives away and forking over a pretty penny (definitely a "special occasion" activity), it was time to pick out our helmets and race suits. I must admit, I felt pretty "official" once I was decked out in all my gear! :)
Not my best look
The crew
(I told the guys to "Look out"...I was channeling Danica Patrick! Lol)
Despite all of my nerves, I actually did a good job! I didn't crash or spin out, like a few of the guys! We did two races and my times improved on the second go around. The second time, I actually snuck up on, and passed, a couple of the guys! They chose to blame it on the weight-to-speed ratio, or some nonsense like that, but I just call it Girl Power! Hahaha. We all had a blast (I even did my fare share of trash talking ;) and Michael and I decided that we're going to try and go at least once every summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment