Tonight, we went to Zoey's first Mariners game! Our friend Katie's company bought out a section of seats and she invited us as her guests. They were having a picnic with free food and beer at 5 o'clock, but because the weather was supposed to be hovering around 85-90 degrees, we didn't arrive until the actual game started, at 7:00.
The weather was still absolutely gorgeous as we walked the few blocks from our car to the stadium. Zoey seemed to be tolerating her ride in the Ergo and I was just relieved that having her strapped to me wasn't causing as much extra perspiration as I had anticipated. When we got to the stadium, we picked up our tickets at will call, snapped a few pictures and then headed to our seats.
King Felix!
We didn't arrive early enough to be among the lucky fans who received a free Mariner's blanket (Probably because we were too busy posing for pictures! Ha!)
In front of the glove, right outside the entrance.
I think Zoey was hiding from the sunlight.
Peek-a-boo!
(Enlarge the picture and you just might be able to spot Baby Girl :)
In an attempt to play it safe and protect Zoey's ears from the loud cheering of excited fans, we ordered her a pair of baby noise reduction earmuffs. Katie told us that she saw a baby wearing them at the last game she went to, and as first time parents and novices in the area of fragile, developing baby eardrums, we played copycat. The earmuffs were said to be ideal for ball games, concerts, the 4th of July...vacuuming (Oops, I had already vacuumed prior to them arriving in the mail. Who knew? I think she'll survive!).
After Daddy made a few adjustments, they fit her comfortably.
She sure does wear 'em well!
So, what's an M's game without a little drama? Right outside our section, behind all of the food stands, was an area with picnic tables and benches, for people to enjoy their food while looking out at the beautiful view. Well, it seemed to me the perfect spot to feed Zoey and once we were situated at one of the far tables, the drama began! First, there was a little girl throwing one of the biggest tantrums I had ever seen. She looked to be about five years old and I could tell just by looking at her, that she was tired and wanting her mother's attention. The poor mom, rattled by all of the kicking/screaming/shouting/crying, finally, after about 10 minutes, picked the girl up and held her close. What do ya know, the little girl immediately began to calm down and they took in the pretty sights for a bit before going back to their seats.
Just as my ears stopped ringing, my eyes were assaulted by a couple trying to get frisky off to my right!! Just feet from where the mother-daughter duo had just put on their show, a young (and noticeably inebriated) couple started what could have turned into a scene from an "R" rated movie, had I not asked them to take their business elsewhere. I was sitting right there, trying to innocently nurse my child, and they didn't even care! I guess that's what I get for sitting at one of the back tables...I was trying to be discrete, but even in the back, we were still very visible! What pervs! And the guy had the nerve to get mad at me and try to chew me out for "looking"! Trust me, dude, I was merely being aware of my surroundings (that's a mother's job, right?!) and I have absolutely no interest in you, other than keeping your "man parts" out of my line of sight! Get a room!!
Soo, after the close encounter with the wannabe exhibitionists, something nice actually happened. In nearly the same spot where that couple was, another couple arrived and took their place. I immediately thought to myself, "Please, not again!". But as I kept watch out of the corner of my eye, I was pleasantly surprised (as was the girl) to discover that the guy was proposing to her!! She was looking out at the mountains and when she turned around, he was down on his knee! At that moment, I was so glad I had just shooed away the previous couple!
Other than all of that madness, the game was a lot of fun and Zoey was great the entire time!
I can see there being more games in our family's future :)
Love the head phones! Too cute!!
ReplyDelete