Today was a BBQ day for the Lubovich gang. We started out the afternoon at a family reunion for my dad's side of the family. We met everyone at a park near Rainier Beach High School and right away, my dad announced that his granddaughter had arrived! Unfortunately, we couldn't stay long, because we had to go to our next function, but it was nice to visit with everyone for a bit and have Zoey see her grandpa.
Our next BBQ was in Tacoma, at the home of one of Michael's coworkers. It was somewhat of a wedding reception for the coworker and his new wife; they had a very small backyard wedding a few weeks ago, with just a couple friends and witnesses. Michael works with a lot of great people and I am so glad I get along with them as well. There were some people who hadn't met Zoey, so we spent the first little bit introducing her to them. After that, we were able to settle in and enjoy some great food and conversation.
I ended up having a great talk with the wife of Michael's former coworker. She has two young children (who were at home with a sitter) and, upon having Zoey chomp down on her finger, said that she thinks she might be ready for solid foods! She asked me a few questions and we laughed about how Zoey is already trying to eat everything anyway! It was nice to have her share some of her experiences and point out things she was noticing about Zoey. As a first-time mom, I feel like there are things that I don't know to look for, or don't recognize as developmental signs. Now that I'm really thinking about it, there's no denying that Zoey is showing multiple signs of teething (biting, slobbering (which has picked up a lot lately!), crankiness, etc.). I tell ya, along with our pediatrician, I definitely appreciate my mom and other moms around me; they are all such unique and valuable resources.
My sweet thumb sucker :)
I don't know that we're going to start solids just yet, but I am anxious to talk to our pediatrician and see what he thinks! Mmmm, I hope Zoey is ready for the mashed up bananas that are in her not too distant future! :)

We got Ry on solids really early because he was totally ready. He was interested in our food, he leaned toward his spoon, and was almost sitting up. The parenting books are helpful but really, our babies are best at telling us when they are ready and what they need.
ReplyDeletei'm sure zoey will love bananas when you are all ready :)
Yes! She is staring, reaching and leaning, too, and wants to sit so badly! I think we're almost ready :)
ReplyDelete