*WARNING: The following post is rated "P", for Poopy. It contains graphic images (poopy in nature) and a ridiculously adorable baby who can almost make you forget how gross poop is...almost! View at your own risk!
The following is what happens when your four month old, who hasn't pooped in a week, is finally able to make it happen while wedged into her Bumbo seat! Please, enjoy...
I heard the rumble and immediately lifted Zoey out of the Bumbo,only to find that I was too late!
Due to being wedged in so tightly, the poop had nowhere to go, but up!
So, it was off with the changing pad cover.
I try to avoid getting it dirty because we only have one (for some insanely odd reason!)
Taking a closer look at the damage
I must say, I have become quite the expert at rolling up wet and/or poopy garments, and carefully maneuvering them over Zoey's head!
(Giving myself a mommy pat on the back :)
What a mess...and a very cute tush!
(Also my first time changing a baby that's lying on it's stomach)
5 million diaper wipes later and we have a clean baby!
After I took a look at a very clean and happy Zoey, I couldn't help but take a moment to laugh at myself. I realized that, once I had her undressed, instead of just sticking her in a nice warm bath, I decided to wipe her down like I do a dirty bathroom mirror, or any other household surface for that matter. Then, it dawned on me...we humans are such creatures of habit! For as long as I can remember, I have always thoroughly rinsed (OK, sometimes I scrub) my dishes before putting them into the dishwasher. I know, I know, it's the dishwasher. The place where dishes go to get clean! So, why I do practically wash them before I put them in? I don't know, I guess I just don't want to take a chance on an egg-covered frying pan, just in case my dishwasher doesn't have super powers like the ones on TV. (There is nothing worse than discovering egg in your drinking glass, as you take that final gulp...yuck!)
So, sticking to what I knew, I wiped my baby down until there was no visible (or olfactible (yes, that's a word!)) evidence of the former mess! And just like with dishes coming out "crust free", I didn't have to spend time scrubbing poop out of the bathtub! Ha! :)
Poor zoey! But those pictures are hilarious, in a nasty sort of way :)
ReplyDelete