Saturday, August 4, 2012

4 Months Old

Today my little Buggy is 4 months old!!! Crazy! She is getting so big and doing so many amazing things! She makes Michael and I so happy, words can't even begin to explain it!

At 4 months she is:
-Rolling over from her tummy onto her back (and trying desperately to go from back to tummy)
-Smiling, big time!
-"Talking" A LOT! She can get so loud and enthusiastic :)
-Very close to giggling (sometimes we think we hear it, but we're not 100% yet :)
-Pushing up while on her tummy, lifting her chest off of the ground
-Sleeping through the night (she's been doing this for months now, but her hours vary slightly)
-Reaching for, and grabbing, things (her toys, cups, silverware, burp rags/clothes. Everything, really! Lol)
-Reaching down to try to touch her toes
-Reaching down and squeezing her thighs
-Smiling sometimes when I sign "milk", in sign language (we're slowly trying to teach her a few words)
-Trying to sit up 
-Turning towards sounds (she's so aware of/curious about sounds and movements. She's watching you! Haha)
-Rubbing her eyes when she's sleepy (So Stinkin' CUTE! One of those things that reminds me that she's a little person; doing things that we do)
-Occasionally mimicking sounds/words ("Hi")
-Aware of her tongue. It makes many, many appearances throughout the day!
-Attempting to suck her thumb. I'll catch her with it in her mouth, but she's usually just chomping on it.

There are so many other things that I know I'm forgetting! It just feels so good to know that your child is progressing and is right on track with (and sometimes ahead of) other children their age. Knowing that they are off to a great start in life, brings you so much joy and hope for their future. Zoey is absolutely amazing and the love of our lives!

Wearing her shark robe for the first time!

Hahaha! Shark Attack!

Zoey is such a happy baby and I love when I get great pictures that show her joy so well!

Tongue out; talkin' about somethin'

Tasty fingers

Something must have been very funny! 
She looks like such a big girl here, sitting up with her hands almost in her lap :)

This evening, as we were hanging out on the couch, I got a call from my Aunt Angie. She said "Your uncle is requesting Zoey outside!". I was so surprised and asked "You guys are outside RIGHT NOW??!" Turns out they were about to turn onto our street and were hoping that Zoey could "come out to play" :) I hung up the phone, gave myself a quick look in the mirror (checking for spit up in my hair, slobber on my arms, or nursing pads peaking out from under my shirt), and headed to the door. Michael had been working in the garage and was greeting them when Zoey and I emerged. 


Surprise!! 


I love that Zoey has her Great Uncle and Aunt (and future babysitters) less than 20 minutes away. Uncle James just lights up when he sees her and it's so cute to see how nervous he gets when he first holds her. We welcome fun surprises like this any day! (especially on a day when I've been able to shower and do my hair! ;)

2 comments:

  1. HA! I love the shark robe! And it still blows my mind that she mimics "Hi." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she's only done it a few times, but they've been really clear! It is definitely mind blowing and makes you wonder if you're hearing things. I can't wait for her first real word though; I'm pushin' "mama" everyday! Lol

    ReplyDelete