This morning I had a fitting for the commercial shoot that's coming up this week (not sure what day yet). I had to be at the Hotel Monaco in downtown Seattle at 9:30am and was super excited to find out what I'd be wearing! However, my excitement was also met with feelings of anxiety and sadness. The thing I hate the most these days, is being away from Zoey. I don't care what the amount of time is or even if we've been having a tough day...I don't ever like leaving her. Getting ready to go to the fitting only made me think about the day I'd actually be shooting the commercial. Not only do I not know what day it's going to be (they don't think it's important to give the models/actors ample time to plan...after all, we're just "the talent"!), but I also don't know how long I'll be away. Not a good feeling, at all!
At least I was prepared for this morning. I knew I'd only be gone for close to an hour, so I fed Zoey, put her back to sleep and left enough milk in the fridge for her next feeding. When I got to the hotel (I was even a little early!) I proudly handed my keys to the valet (following the producer's orders), told him I was there for the Men's Warehouse fitting (again, another one of the producer's orders. It insured that he, and not I, would be charged for the parking :) and walked nervously down to the makeshift wardrobe room they had set up.
When I walked into the room, there were suits, tuxedos, bridesmaid dresses and wedding gowns everywhere! Such a pretty sight! (If I could, I'd have a wedding once a year!!). Everyone in the room was bustling around, but I was relieved that they all seemed very friendly. There was already another girl there trying on her gown (not sure which bride she is, but I'm "Bride #2"). Once they finished with her, the attention shifted to me. Just as quickly as the seamstress and stylist introduced themselves, they were asking me to strip down and slip into a very Cinderella-esque gown. Although it wasn't at all my style, I loved being in a wedding gown again.
Once in the gown, the seamstress took some measurements and pinned the dress; I tried on a pair of snug size 8.5 heels (better too tight than too loose); I was adorned with earrings, a bracelet and a floor length veil; I stood in front of the stylist to get her "OK"; and was then escorted out into the hall to have my picture taken. Once that was done, it felt like everything went in reverse. I walked back into the room, the stylist made a few more comments, the accessories were removed, the shoes were pried off, the gown was uncinched, goodbyes were exchanged, and I was sent on my way. All it took was that 30 minutes to make this whole commercial thing feel very real!
Now, all that's left is to find out when and where I'm shooting and who the heck I'm going to pretend to marry! ;)
As soon as I got home, I changed my clothes, snuggled my baby girl and settled back into my normal life. Playing dress up is fun, but nothing beats family time :)
I swore I heard some giggles, so I had Mike grab the camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment