Thursday, August 2, 2012

Photobook

On our way out the door this morning to meet some friends at Greenlake, I saw that the photobook I made online had arrived! A while back, I bought a Groupon deal for $115 at Photobook America, for only $35. I downloaded their software and created a book filled with 40 pictures of Zoey from birth to 3 months. The software was a little tricky to use (I was also trying to figure it out really late at night), but, in the end, I was really excited about what I had put together.

When I pulled it out of the box, the book was a lot larger than I had envisioned (15" x 11"), but I LOVE it! I chose the "Imagewrap" style and made it a landscape book (as opposed to a portrait style book). The Imagewrap meant that I could have any photos I wanted wrapped around the book, as the front and back cover! I could also add text!


The front

The back

Other than the very first picture (which is technically of me AND Zoey :), I decided to use only pictures of Zoey. I wanted to focus on her and how much she's changed over these first few months. I am also making her a baby scrapbook, so that will have pictures of her with family and friends in it.


When she was my little "bun in the oven"!

Newborn; makes me want to cry just looking at these!

The last page.

The quality of the book is fantastic and the images look great (not stretched out or anything like that)! Unfortunately, that good quality comes with a price, and unless I find another Groupon deal, I won't be making another $115 book. I do want to make a few more books like this to showcase the rest of Zoey's first year, so I'll be checking out other, more affordable, vendors (I think Shutterfly might be a good option). 

No comments:

Post a Comment