Bumbo:
Zoey's Bumbo seat arrived today! Knowing exactly what was in it, I tore open the box and gazed happily at it's contents. Along with the seat, I ordered the Bumbo Play Tray and a pink crib skirt for Zoey's crib.
The little boy on the box looks ridiculously happy...and has super skinny legs! Uh oh...
It's a snug fit, but she appears to like it! Phew!
"Mom, does this seat make me look fat?"
Not at all ;)
I love the tray! Perfect for toys and future snacks :)
Bottles:
I found out this evening that my shoot day for the commercial, is TOMORROW! I knew it was a possibility, but I thought "Surely they would have contacted me by now if my day is Wednesday!". Well, I should have known better. I got the email telling me I needed to be on set at 7:30am! So, it was time to break out the new Dr. Brown's bottles and see if Zoey was going to like them. (She does OK with the Medela bottles that came with my pump, but I was hoping that she'd actually "like" the Dr. Browns...)
Sanitized and ready for a test drive.
Look at all the pieces...sheesh!
All put together
Let me just say that I am well aware that this bottle testing should have happened days ago. I think I have been in denial about leaving my baby and therefore, have put off feeding her through bottles. But the time had come, so we snuggled up in our normal feeding position and I attempted to feed her as naturally as possible.
So, you're probably wondering how it went??
It was AWFUL! She had a look on her face like I was trying to feed her poison! I was hoping that if I could just get some milk into her mouth, she'd recognize that it's the same milk as always. Instead, she just let it pool in her mouth and began to scream :( She finally tried sucking (because she was so hungry; poor Buggy), but then decided for sure that she didn't want anything to do with it!
After giving in and nursing her, I frantically made a trip to Safeway and picked up any bottle they had that claimed to be "just like nursing". By the time I got back to the house, I had calmed down a little bit and told myself that I was going to try the Medela bottle once before bedtime. I realized that she was probably still a little uncomfortable from her shots yesterday and, not only did she just want the comfort of nursing from her momma, but she definitely wasn't in the mood to try something totally new.
I used the Medela bottle for her last feeding and she took it! She smiled up at me as she drank, which caused her to chomp down, stopping the flow. I gently readjusted the bottle and we were back on track :) What a relief to know that my child isn't going to starve tomorrow while I'm away! Like my mom said though, she wouldn't starve anyway. If she got hungry enough, she'd find a way to make it work :)
Bladder Stones:
Poor, poor Kiwi! Our little pooch has a bladder full of stones! Apparently Schnauzers are known to get these stones and it happens naturally, due some kind of imbalance in their body. The doctor put her on another round of antibiotics and some special, high sodium, food to help dissolve the stones. Once this food is gone (it's a month's supply), she'll be on a special diet for the rest of her life. And $340 later (!!), I'm sad to say that we'll be celebrating her birthday next week, with a candle in a bowl full of her new jiggly cuisine :(
And we thought Zoey was our only expensive child...yeah right!
Careful, they recalled some bumbo seats! I just heard.ucky fpr me, it pays this time to have an off-brand!
ReplyDelete