Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gonna Take Some Getting Used To

Please don't be fooled by the picture of the sleeping baby...after waking up this morning, it was a day filled with squirming, crying, whining, grunting and reluctant napping! 

So peaceful and adorable...

Now that teething appears to be in full effect, Zoey is all about cuddling, nursing and being held, and less about laying on her mat, self soothing and sitting in her car seat. She has had her cranky days in the past, but I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot more time with this new, more frequently cranky, Zoey. And the hardest (saddest) part is, sometimes when I pick her up and try to "make it all better", it doesn't work :( I'll give her a teether and she'll use it, but sometimes it'll just cause her to grunt and whine even louder...This is gonna take some getting used to (for both of us). My poor baby girl, I hate seeing her upset!

Much to her dismay, we had to leave the house today and that meant that Zoey had to be in her car seat. She was not happy, but eventually quieted down as I began to drive. My uncle sold a property in Renton and offered to help the homeowners get rid of the remaining items they weren't going to take with them. The home was occupied by their 90 year-old mother, and her kids decided that it was time she came home to live with them. My uncle sent me a picture of some great furniture (couch, chair, ottoman, dresser, dining table, desk, bed) and asked me if I wanted any of it. I was intrigued by the couch, chair and dresser, so today I went to the home to take a closer look. 

(When we arrived, Zoey put on a happy face for her Uncle...all smiles and no signs of crankiness :)

After seeing everything, I decided to accept the couch, chair and ottoman, dresser and a nice side table. At that point, I was given the house key so that I could make a copy and return to the house with Michael, when we were ready to load everything into the truck. Off to Lowes...

"Look Zoe Zoe, that train is carrying an airplane! Isn't that neat?"
(I thought so!)

At Lowes, the "My Key" kiosk was super easy...

and in less than two minutes, we had a key!
(Also pretty neat!)

Before my Uncle left, he told me that pretty much everything in the house/garage was up for grabs. He had committed to getting rid of it and whatever wasn't gone, he had to put in the garage and the homeowners were having it hauled away! So, when I returned to the house to put the original key back in the key box, I took a minute to snoop around. And I'm so glad I did!

Jackpot! 
A full set of beautiful dishes!

(From the moment I took her out of the car, to the moment I put her back in, Zoey was alternating between a whimper and a cry :( I had to make my scavenger hunt quick!)

Gravy boats, serving platters...
Thanksgiving, anyone!? :)

I searched three different cabinets...they just kept coming!
(Don't have anyone to serve tea to at the moment, but the cups and saucers made me feel grown up! Lol)

(Zoey finally slept once we were back in the moving car. But again, don't be fooled by the picture below. Soon after I took this, she was up again! And when we went back to the property, she howled the whole time we loaded the furniture onto the truck!)

Temporary silence :)

No comments:

Post a Comment