Friday, August 3, 2012

Softball Game

So, a little update on the great diaper hunt! We are still testing out the Target Up & Ups, in a size 3, but I really think they are going to be the ones for us. We haven't had any major leaks (just one small one that occurred after a lot of squirming and being held) and that is the polar opposite of our daily life with the Pampers Swaddlers. Oh well, Pampers were good to us, but it's time to move on up! :)

Speaking of moving on up, today I ordered Zoey a Bumbo Seat. I am really excited to see if she's going to enjoy sitting in it or not. It is designed to support babies and help them sit up independently. I ordered the pretty aqua one and it should be here Tuesday or Wednesday! My only concern...that Zoe Zoe's chunky chunk legs might already be too big to fit in the leg holes! I have read reviews, and heard from friends, that the seat can be a little snug, even for younger babies (it's made for ages 3-14 months). We'll see soon enough. She wants to sit up so badly; I think she's gonna love it!

Pushing up, lifting her head and chest :)

Tonight, Michael had a softball game (2 actually) and he decided to stay at work until it was time to head to the field. He asked if I could bring him a small meal that he could eat while in the dugout or between games. Of course, as much as I tried to plan everything out and be on time, I was just getting the chicken breast out of the pan when the game started at 7:15. Grrr! I got the chicken sliced, into a Tupperware alongside some avocado slices and baby carrots, and then we hit the road. We weren't too late and Michael was very excited to have fuel for the game. Unfortunately, his team didn't win (he plays on a rec league with his coworkers), but he had  some great hits and catches. In trying to keep Zoey on her schedule, we didn't stay for the second game. It was already past 8:30 and I wanted to have her asleep as close to 9 as possible. So, we said goodbye to the wives, sisters and friends we were sitting with on the bleachers and wished Mike luck on game #2.

I know Mike is looking forward to the day, and so am I, when Zoey is running up to the fence at the dugout and wishing him luck herself. She is going to be his biggest cheerleader! (makes me emotional just thinking about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment