Today was one of those days that I'm still getting used to having. Zoey was fussy and, after carrying her, rocking her, propping her up (so she could "sit" and play) and taking her on a walk, I was exhausted.
Hangin' out on Granny's bed
(Poor quality camera phone picture)
This afternoon, before leaving to go to an auction, my mom suggested I make dinner out of the chicken in the fridge, vegetables in the freezer and rice in the pantry. It sounded like a good plan, but turned out to be more work than I had time for.
After nursing and rocking her for hours, Zoey finally stayed asleep when I put her in the Pack 'n' Play. It was 9 o'clock when I ventured down to the kitchen, stomach rumbling, in search of something to eat. I open the refrigerator, looked at the raw chicken lying there, and almost laughed out loud. Yeah right! Like I was about to put chicken on the countertop grill, nuke frozen veggies in the microwave AND boil rice (I didn't care if it was only minute rice!). I shut the fridge door, walked over to the pantry and was delighted to find a bag of tortilla chips and a can of kidney beans. NACHOS!
I opened the new bag of chips as quietly as a crinkly bag could be opened, rinsed some beans and sprinkled them on, strategically placed some pieces of cheese, and prayed that the microwave couldn't be heard from upstairs! One minute and two clementines later, and I had myself a meal...
Might not earn me the title of "Top Chef", but it sure did hit the spot :)
I love holding my baby girl more than anything in this world, but I was pretty happy to have my arms back, as well as the ability to slouch in a comfy chair as I devoured my culinary creation!

No comments:
Post a Comment