Thursday, August 23, 2012

Diaper Ditch

After choosing to use the word "ditch" in the title of this post, I became curious about it's "official" definition. I knew that it's most common meaning did not match the way I was intending to use it. So, after sifting through definitions like: "a small to moderate depression"; "any open passage or trench"; "a long, narrow excavation", I came across the Urban Dictionary's definition. There, "ditch" was defined as "to leave someone or a group of people suddenly, often without their knowledge, making it all the more comical". Yep, I think that accurately describes the following...

These days, when we try to change her diaper, Zoey will often play a game of "diaper ditch" (and Michael and I are her opponents, whether we like it or not)! 

And, she's off!

"I'm playing with my toys, Mom! No time for diapers!"

She even took her pants with her!

Once you finally get her back into position, you better get that diaper on with lightning speed! Because before you know it, she's ditched you again!

Hahaha

As impressed as I am with my squirmy worm, I am also becoming painfully aware that it won't be long before she is CRAWLING away from me! Eeek!

Kicked back, reading one of our favorite books "At The Farm"
(As I was reading to her, she took the book from me and started "reading" it all by herself. And about a minute later, she tried "eating" it, all by herself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment