Today, Zoey was a very busy girl. Her day started with some play time on her jungle mat. Now that she has started to roll from her back onto her tummy, she just needs to master getting her arm out from under her! It's so funny how babies appear to have to focus on one thing at a time, and then eventually, put everything they've learned together. I remember when she was learning to roll from her tummy onto her back, it was a struggle for her to keep her arm from blocking her. She'd have it sticking out to the side, instead of tucking it or putting it up by her head. Now, she doesn't move it fast enough before she's on top of it and it's too late! :)
"Hey! I'm on my tummy! How did that happen?"
"Oh, hi Mom. Can you help me out?"
"I'm getting tired; I'm going to rest my head while you put the camera down"
"OK, you're taking too long. I guess I'll just take a nap..."
Later, I sat Zoey in her Bumbo seat and gave her Sophie. I probably mentioned this already, but one of the major down sides to the Bumbo, is that when Zoey drops something, she usually can't reach it and retrieve it on her own...
I can just tell when she's getting ready to launch a teether or toy
Whoooosh! Poor Sophie!
"Aw man!"
LOL! You're already not supposed to leave a child unattended in the Bumbo, but I couldn't even if I wanted to! Yes, it helps her sit up, unassisted...but it also keeps her from playing, unassisted!
My cutie pie, getting more tummy time
The weather was so nice today that I decided to put Zoey in the Ergo carrier and walk around the backyard. Well, while I was excited about this idea, Zoey was less so.
Poor Buggy. Look at her ear! Oops.
We're both still getting used to the carrier, hence me trying to practice at home
Much better!
Our backyard adventure didn't last long, but it was worth a shot. Pretty soon Michael was home and, after changing out of his work clothes, he settled in to spend time with Zoey. She was so happy to see him, she decided to give him a welcome home present...
That's what happens when you bounce a baby with a full tummy up in the, while not wearing a shirt! Hehehe :)
No comments:
Post a Comment