Zoey is 5 months old today!! I know I say this every month, but I cannot believe how quickly time is flying. She is getting smarter, prettier, more talented and, it seems, chunkier, everyday! I love my little girl to death and I know I speak for Michael too, when I say that she is my world and I am beyond honored to be her parent!
At 5 months Zoey:
-Is pushing up on her arms
-Is still "talking" up a storm
-Is still sleeping through the night
-Splashes around in her bathtub
-Has more and more "nap free" days :(
-Is trying hard to sit up on her own
-Is starting to draw her knees in, as if she's trying to crawl!!
-Can bring her toes/feet to her mouth (and does it any chance she gets!)
-Is starting to turn when you address her
-Is very aware of various sights and sounds (to the point where feeding her anywhere outside of our room, has become a chore!)
-Smiles and laughs at the sight of herself and others in the mirror
-Is starting to whine when she can't have something she wants (i.e. our spoons, cups, food, a toy)
-Is starting to go bald in the back (Luckily, I can do a pretty mean comb-over :)
-Likes to kick her legs, all day long
-Is using her teethers, like a pro
And much, much more!...
The plan was for her to try her first solid food today, but it got too late and she was just too sleepy by the time we were ready. So, tomorrow, it's on! Look out bananas!
She was a pretty pleasant girl today.
She got lots of sleep, which usually makes for a good day.
Those waves on the left side of her head appear to be here to stay!
Still waiting on her first official "curl" :)
Still loving her SuperSeat
I had been impatiently waiting for her to be big enough to fit into this onesie!
I love it; it's got baby "bling" on it! :)
So, it seems that with each passing day, I'm losing a little bit more of my mind! Last week, I couldn't figure out for the life of me, how to get back to my car that was parked somewhere in the mall parking garage! I was super embarrassed (and frustrated) and eventually, I just had to take a time out, breath deep and then try again. I ended up walking straight to it, but it felt like I was "losing it" for a while there!
Well, today, I was lucky that my brain fart didn't result in an emergency situation. I had to take the dogs to the groomer and was trying to figure out the best way to get everyone loaded into the car. I decided to put the dogs in first. So, I called them inside, put their leashes on, grabbed the kennel and the diaper bag, and headed for the door. After maneuvering everything through the door, I closed it behind me (as I always do because I don't want bugs flying into the house). Well, as I heard it slam, my heart sank! I immediately realized that the door was locked...I was without keys...and Zoey was still INSIDE!!
Just to be sure, I jiggled the door handle and patted myself down, hoping to feel keys in either pocket. No such luck. At that moment, I got a visual of the sliding back door, and prayed that it was still open from when I called the dogs inside. I made a mad dash to the side of the house, barreled through the gate, and at that point I could hear Zoey screaming! My heart was breaking. As I arrived at the slider, I was relieved to find that it was wide open! Hallelujah! I was shouting out words of comfort to Zoey as I ran to her, but nothing felt even remotely okay, until she was in my arms! Phew! That could have been BAD.
I had been warned about "mommy brain" years before even becoming pregnant, but I always imagined things like putting salt in my coffee instead of sugar, or brushing my teeth with something other than toothpaste. I would take losing my car in the parking garage everyday, if it meant that I would never have to feel that scared again!
No comments:
Post a Comment