Today was an exciting, and stressful, day. The excitement came from watching Zoey sit up all by herself!! The stress, from finding a last minute sitter for the dogs and getting on the road much later than we'd intended.
Last night was her first time sleeping in her fleece sleep sack.
It appears to have kept her warm and cozy :)
Michael and I both woke up later than we had planned. We were exhausted, but finally pulled ourselves out of bed and finished packing for Montana. As I started getting Zoey ready, I sat her on the bed just to see what she'd do. Michael isn't usually home with us during the day, so I took a minute to see if she'd show off for the both of us. She definitely rose to the occasion!
Tempted by those darn toes!
Sit up, Buggie!
That's my girl!
Lookin' pretty sturdy.
"I'm the queen of the worrrrld!"
Playing with gravity...it's a dangerous game...
And down she goes! Oh no!
Getting a little support from the Boppy.
Sitting up is hard work, ya know!
So proud of my girl! I can tell that she is excited, too! She's such a curious little thing, and now she's got that new little bit of freedom she's been wanting so badly :)
Speaking of curiosity...When she's not sitting, she is still trying to keep up with everything around her! When I put her down and walk away, it's pretty much a guarantee that she'll flex her stomach muscles, in an effort to sit up, and try to locate me.
Always needing to know what's going on!
I'm constantly saying "I'm right here!" and making eye contact with her, and then she'll lay back down. Silly girl!
After dropping the dogs off at my uncle's, it was after 4:00 by the time we finally hit the road (possibly the latest start to an 11 hour road trip, in the history of road trips!). Knowing we were going to make it a two day trip, we set out to drive as far as we could, before using my Expedia app to select a cheap hotel for the night (haven't been that last minute/spontaneous since our trip to New Zealand/Australia! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment