I had to be at Tiny's Tire Factory in Sumner, at 10 AM this morning to get my rear brakes replaced. I had taken my car into Les Schwab and they recommended that I get all of my brakes replaced, and happily printed out an estimate for almost a thousand dollars! The next day, I took my car to Tiny's and they told me I still have 20% left on my front break pads (man, Les Schwab must take me for a sucker!) and that my rear breaks did need to be replaced, as one of them was actually grinding metal to metal! (So thaaats what that noise was?! Oops!).
So, at nearly $400 less than what LS quoted me, I was getting new rear breaks. I'm going to ride out that 20% on the fronts, until we save up enough to replace them too. (Sooo many things to save for! Being an adult is no fun sometimes!)
They needed to keep my car for about 3.5 hours and I was relieved once I realized that Fred Meyer was within walking distance of the shop. I am a notoriously slow shopper, so I knew I wouldn't have any problem killing the time!
Rarely is Zoey up, dressed and heading somewhere in her car seat by 10.
She was still pretty sleepy (as was I).
Apparently, she was in the market for a new blouse!
I didn't even think about how Zoey's grabby hands would be able to reach things as we went down crowded aisles One minute I'd be pushing to stroller just fine, and the next minute I'd feel some resistance, as my strong girl had something in her grip!
After spending a good 40 minutes in the dress section (I also nursed Zoey in the dressing room. Shoot, it was early and no one was around!), close to an hour and a half in the infant clothing section, about 30 minutes in the toy section and another 20 minutes ordering and eating a turkey wrap from the deli, it was time to head back to the shop.
Spotted this gem while walking through the Halloween section on our way out!
Costume/Adult Footy Pajamas, complete with bunny ears on the hood!
I was so glad to be reunited with my car! Zoey was getting hungry again and I just wanted to get home. Unfortunately, I only made it to the train station a few minutes away from the shop, before Zoey made it clear that she couldn't wait any longer. 15 minutes later and we were back on the road.
We were only home for a couple of hours before Mike arrived and we got ready to meet some friends for dinner. We went to Z'Tejas; a Southwestern grill located in Bellevue. The food was absolutely delicious! My Achiote Chicken Chopped Salad, and the company of our friends, was the perfect way to end a long day :)



No comments:
Post a Comment