Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bananas

Dinner time got a lot more entertaining tonight, as Zoey had her very first taste of a solid (pureed) food! Because we aren't weening her off of breast milk, and she is still getting all of the nutrients she needs (for another month or so), we decided to skip rice cereal and go straight to giving bananas a try. 

Playing with Daddy while I pureed a banana

Kisses!

After getting Zoey strapped in and set up on the counter, we put on her bib, set up the video camera and prepared for a laugh!


I had read that babies who have a tendency to bat at everything, may need a toy to keep their hands busy while you try to feed them. She appeared to take the bait ;)

"Ready Zoe Zoe, open wide!"

Her second taste...

Hmm, I can't tell if she likes it? That expression is hard to read! LOL

Hahahaha!

"Mmmm, no thank you, Mom"

"Mom! I said NO THANK YOU!"

Oh my goodness! Michael and I were laughing so hard. Miss Zoey does not appear to be a fan of bananas. I was actually very surprised that she didn't at least want the spoon in her mouth. She is constantly tying to get our spoons in her mouth while we're eating, so I figured she'd be overjoyed to finally get her wish...

We decided to see if taking the activity tray away would make a difference. It may have been doing more harm than good; each time she turned away from the spoon, she would start to play.

It looked like she wanted to give it another go...

But once she let me get it on her tongue, she wasn't having any of it!
She'd move it around in her mouth and it looked like she was trying to push it out with her tongue (just like she does with her yucky Vitamin D).

The faces she was making were hilarious. You'd have thought we were giving her stinky brussel  sprouts, and not tasty bananas!

She was happy once it was all over :)

Well, her first solid food experience was a fun one, that's for sure. We plan to revisit bananas and see if it's just a matter of her getting used to them and the whole eating process. After a few days (to give time for any possible allergy to appear), we'll try something else. Maybe sweet potatoes? :)

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are hilarious! Yoi would think yoi were trying to feed her something horrible!

    ReplyDelete