Zoey and I spent the first half of our afternoon at a play date at my friend Brittni's house. Brittni's son, Bronson, is almost 9 months old, and it was so fun to see him again. When they were last at our house, he wasn't crawling yet and didn't have any theeth. Now, he's got 4 teeth and is crawling ALL over the place! Brittni had put out a bunch of Bronson's toys (I wasn't sure if I was supposed to bring Zoey's toys; this was our first play date at someone else's house...) and Zoey loved playing with them all! Watching her and the other kids go after everything, made me realize that she doesn't really have that much to play with at home. Other than her new learning puppy, she's really only got teethers and the small toys that came with her jungle mat or are attached to her activity seat. I'll have to get on that...
Not only was it nice to see Zoey playing with new toys and interacting with other babies, but I had a great time talking with the other mothers. Everyone was really nice and they all had fun stories to tell. All of the babies, except for one, were older than Zoey. They were also boys, but I still got a kick out of watching them and seeing what I have to look forward to, development wise.
Towards the end of the date, we decided to try to get the babies lined up for a picture. Boy, that turned out to be quite a task!
L to R: Stella (2 weeks!); Luke (7 months); Bronson, in Brittni's arms (8 months); Cain (7 months); Zoey (5 months).
Poor Bronson, he did not want to hang around for the picture. He kept crawling off and would cry each time Britt brought him back!
Zoey and Cain appeared to take a liking to each other and weren't phased by all of the commotion :)
Stella and Luke's mommies are best friends and we were all oohing and aahing when Luke began gently petting Stella! So sweet.
(Stella weighed the same as Zoey when she was born, and was almost the exact same length! It seems like so long ago that Zoey was that tiny!)
My baby girl, sitting tall and entertaining herself!
She and Cain seemed to be both fascinated by, and scared of, this spiky ball.
When we left, it took less than ten minutes in the car before Zoey was completely zonked out! A definite sign of a good time!
After swinging by Michael's work and dropping of a surprise grande Java Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks, we went home and waited for him. In honor of our 3 year wedding anniversary, I made one of his favorite dinners, burritos. We had intended to enjoy a nice glass of wine together after I put Zoey to sleep, but it took a lot longer than usual, and when I came back downstairs, he had already finished his glass! Oh well, they'll be plenty of time for nice, uninterrupted, drinks and conversation on Saturday night :)

No comments:
Post a Comment