Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Jeans

We are leaving for Montana on Thursday and I did my best to start getting ready today. For some reason, it seemed like ALL of Zoey's clothes, blankets and burp cloths were dirty! So, I embarked on a day full of laundry and baby wrangling. 

I brought a pile of clean clothes upstairs and plopped Zoey down next to it. I also grabbed myself a small snack, to make the job more bearable (not that I can ever figure out how to fold, eat and wrangle!) And because my snack sat, untouched, and Zoey didn't find laundry the least bit interesting, this happened...

The little stinker took off with my snack! 

When propped up on the Bobby pillow, Zoey still falls forward pretty easily, if she sees something in front of her that she wants. She set her eyes on my snack pack, leaned forward, grabbed it and then fell to the side! She had what she wanted; it didn't matter that she had just done a face plant into the comforter!

Taking a break from boring laundry

I know my mommy has chores to do, but I'd rather she entertain me instead!

Hahaa! Pulling her socks off already!

Zoey absolutely LOVES the fact that she can touch her feet, suck on her toes and pull on her socks. I can't believe that she is starting to do the things that I thought were reserved for babies at least a few months older than her! I guess I've been around school-age kids for too long; I've forgotten how quickly babies progress and all that they can do.

Back to laundry...
One thing I never thought I'd see: My infant daughter's "7 For All Mankind" jeans, hanging next to mine in the laundry room. Thanks to her great aunt, Angie, who gave us another huge bag full of sample baby clothes from Nordstrom, Zoey now has two more pairs of designer jeans! Too funny! 

She's more fashionable than her momma!

What really kills me is that she now has more 7's than I do! Technically, I have the one pair, but those are about to find themselves in the trash :( After washing and drying them last week, they came out smelling fishy and gross (not a good smell for a woman, if you catch my whiff...I mean, drift). I couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from, so I washed and dried them a second time. Still stinky...Finally, after sniffing them more thoroughly, I was taken aback when I got to the pocket. After folding it inside out, I discovered a crusty, now twice dried, prenatal vitamin (which contains fish oils!)! I immediately cut out the pocket and rewashed them, but they STILL smell! Bummer. I'm gonna keep washing, but I have a feeling they're goners :(

No comments:

Post a Comment