Upon receipt of Zoey's birth announcement, some family friends sent us a Babies 'R' Us gift card and asked that it be used to buy Zoey a cute outfit. In my thank you note, I promised to send pictures of her in whatever outfit I purchased. Well, the skirt is still a little big on her, but I want to send the pictures before she outgrows the top (it won't be long!).
"Zoey Rae, please look here. We need to send this picture to Chris's parents."
"Wait, you're going to send my picture to some people I don't even know?!"
"Um, this isn't what I had in mind, but Ok. Stay there, that's kinda cute!"
"Ugh! Come on Baby Girl, work with me!"
"Wait! Where are you going? We're not done!"
LOL
"Ok, I think I've got enough to choose from."
I'm crossing my fingers that all of these poses mean we'll have a great portrait taker on our hands. She may not stay where you put her, but you're guaranteed to get something good ;)
Tonight, after many attempts at getting it nearly liquefied, I was able to serve Zoey her first helping of broccoli! (I eventually realized I needed to boil it to death, before I could blend it). I'd say she reacted the same way she did when she tried bananas for the second time. The taste and texture were still shocking to her, but she kept pulling the spoon back to her mouth. She ate a whole tablespoon before showing me she was done by chewing on her bib and no longer grabbing the spoon.
Broccoli face!
She went to rub her eyes and got broccoli right between her brows :)
She was sweet enough to share some with the bug on her seat!
Not only is tonight a new food night, but it's also going to be a new room night! Although I'm totally dreading it, I'm going to keep my word and move Zoey into her room tonight! Hopefully it will be harder for me than it will be for her...
Very impressed that you make your own food! And that you get Mike do to chores - lol :)
ReplyDeleteOh, well thank you! That's the plan; we'll see how long it lasts. And Michael usually picks one, maybe two, items from his list and then takes a REALLY long time to do them. Then, what do you know, it's time for dinner and he has to stop. How convenient! Haha ;)
ReplyDelete