Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Terrible Beauty

Today was a pretty special day for us; our friend Sean is in town for the weekend and we got to have brunch with him, his girlfriend and his parents. Sean is in the military and has been away in Florida, going to school to learn how to detonate bombs! His parents flew up from California and his girlfriend, Katie, organized a brunch at A Terrible Beauty in Renton. 

We were behind schedule because I couldn't decide what Zoey and I should wear!
Three of the outfits I tried on her (size 6 month) were too small!

As I pouted over this outfit being too tight to snap up, Michael said "Babe, just take a picture of her in it and move on!"
Pretty good advice, actually ;)

When we got there, Sean all but ran up to us and was all smiles as he reached out for a hug! We were super excited to see him, too!

Sean and Katie

Sean Sandwich! :)

After all of the hugs and hellos were out of the way, the attention shifted onto Zoey (as it usually does). It took Sean a minute to get over the fact that his friends had a baby and she's a real, live, adorable little girl. 

Anita and Tim, enjoying Zoey.
Tim was protecting his mustache from Zoey's grabby hands!

Remembering what it's like to hold a squirmy baby!

Our food was delicious; Michael and I both had Eggs Benedict and potatoes (his with salmon, mine with corned beef. Yumm!) A Terrible Beauty is an Irish Pub (there is also one in West Seattle) and apparently it has a pretty good bar scene in the evenings. I could definitely tell that the night crowd was their main focus, due to the fact that not only were they lacking a family restroom, but there wasn't even a changing table in the regular restroom (that should be against the law!). Oh well, I laid Zoey down on an unused booth and made it work.

Brunch was pretty quick because they all had to get downtown in time for the Underground Tour. It was sad saying goodbye, but December will be here before we know it! We had some errands to run and it was kinda nice that we still had most of the day ahead of us. Our next stop was Target. I had my eye on a new seat for Zoey and when we got home it was...

bye-bye Bumbo and hello SuperSeat! 

Made by Summer, the SuperSeat is a support seat, activity seat and booster seat, all in one! So far, I love it and Zoey does too! 

The activity tray has toys on 3/4 of it and two cup holders and a snack tray on the last 1/4.

Zoey immediately started going from one toy to another, and back again!

Must keep a hand on a toy at all times, LOL
So glad to see her having so much fun. Hopefully she continues to like it and we get lots of use out of the it.

I love how the tray spins; if she can't reach the toy she wants, I can turn it and there it is!

2 comments:

  1. It is! And it was pretty well priced. Now I just have to get the bumbo back to Amazon; I hate returning packages, such a hassle! Grr

    ReplyDelete