Tuesday, September 25, 2012

No Big Deal

Well, I would consider Zoey's first night in her own room a success. Although she woke up four times in the night (I was able to rock her back to sleep twice, but had to feed her the other two times), she was happy as could be this morning! I stayed up pretty late last night and I think it was partly because I didn't want to sleep in my room without my baby in it. I watched the monitor for a long time. I held my breath each time she moved and even though I wanted her to be successful, I also wanted her to need me. 

Once I finally went to sleep, I was out, and I think I was in a bit of shock when I woke up this morning. I had made it! I didn't set up the air mattress in her room like I had wanted to...I didn't cry my eyes out like I thought I was going to. When I heard her first whimpers this morning, calling me to come get her, I couldn't wait to scoop her up! When she saw me, her face lit up and I felt a sense of pride. I was proud of both of us.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
Mommy's big girl.
Waking up happy, as if sleeping in her crib was no big deal!

This afternoon, we went over to my dad's and spent some time with him and my sister Deidre, who was also visiting. Zoey was in a great mood and happily showed off her sitting. She was also very chatty, as she clung to her giraffe teether and lovey.

We joked that he and Zoey have matching bellies! :) 

After leaving my dad's, we stopped at the mall on the way home. I finally decided to get Michael a pair of leather dress shoes for our anniversary. There was a pair of  black, Kenneth Cole Reaction, slip on ones that he liked at Nordstrom Rack a few years ago and I was determined to find them! After calling numerous stores and scouring through the two in my area, I found them! I'm not sure if we're exchanging gifts tomorrow, or when we celebrate on Saturday, but I'm anxious to see what he thinks (and if they fit). I'm also giving him a CD that he's been talking about for weeks, just in case the shoes are a flop...ugh, stupid leather!

No comments:

Post a Comment