This morning we managed to make it to 10:30 mass at St. Andrew in Sumner. We are still searching for a church to attempt to attend regularly, but we have been to St. Andrew a few times now. I don't have any major issues with the service, but each time we've gone, I've left saying "I think I said this last time, but I don't think this is our church". I don't know what it is, but I don't quite feel "at home". I also really want to get Zoey baptized soon, but I don't know if it's "against the rules" to do it at a church where you aren't a regular parishioner? We need a church for our family regardless though, so we just have to keep looking.
As soon as we got home, the sight of our messy house reminded me that I needed to make some serious To Do Lists. My mom was going to be over soon and I wanted to get as much done as possible. Michael was not pleased at the length of his list, which included things like "continue working on patching up the wall, spray bug killer around the outside of the house, go through the stacks of mail, add what you want to the grocery list, bathe the dogs". After reading it over, he decided to start with the wall. My list, which always has the same thing written in the #1 spot ("Zoey"), included "sweep, mop, laundry, add things to grocery list, vacuum, help go through the mail (we get SO MUCH junk mail and it always piles up! grrr), send picture order to Walgreens", etc, etc. I had grand visions of getting it all done in a few short hours, but I should have known better than to set the bar that high.
After finally getting Zoey down for a nap, I was only able to finish sweeping before my mom arrived! She was away on a business trip last week, and we were gone in Montana the weekend before that, so we hadn't seen her in two weeks! I was more than happy to stop working and hang out for a bit. It wasn't long before Zoey was awake and my mom didn't even try to hide how excited she was to have her back in her arms :) Zoey proudly showed off how well she sits up and, after a lot of watching and waiting, her granny was able to see how she's trying to crawl!
Once our visit was over, it was right back to work! Not much more got checked off of my list before it was time to start our bedtime routine. I know for a fact that both lists will stay right where they are, all week, and will be buried under a brand new stack of mail, when we go to reference them next weekend! Oh yippee! (a measly emoticon can't even come close to my real life sad face)
Always needing to be in on the action, I had to put Zoey in the kitchen while I swept it! :)
Cute pics! I just wanted to tell you that none of our boys have been baptized in our home parish. :) We have a really great priest that we love, and we just always take the boys to where he is the pastor. He even baptized our oldest at a parish in Sioux Falls, where he was not the pastor or worked at at all! So if you have a priest that you like (or that your parents do or whatever) all you need is their permission and they can do it at their parish! (Just wanted to let you know.) Happy to-do listing! We finished almost all of ours last weekend-but we still have to clean out the garage and the inside and outside of the cars. Ugh. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that; that's really good to know! And you just reminded me that I forgot to put cleaning out my car on my list! "Ugh" is right! LOL
ReplyDelete