Sunday, September 16, 2012

Saying "Goodbye"

This morning, Michael went with Tom, Mary and a few of their family friends on a hike up Mount Baldy. The hike was a favorite of Collin's and he used to do it with his dad and brother. At the summit, there is now a stack of rocks that they add to each year, and this year it was still intact (with all of the strangers who do the hike throughout the year, we never know if the rocks will still be there). Michael also picked a few new rocks to bring home with him, as a keepsake.

While everyone was gone on the hike, Zoey and I stayed back and prepared for our journey home. Before I started packing up, I sat Zoey next to the window so she could look out at the garden while I ate breakfast. I don't know what it was, but she was smiling and giggling, as if the leaves on the trees were putting on a show, just for her. There was definitely a good feeling in the air and I truly believe she was picking up on the special nature of the whole weekend. 

Relaxing in her fleece bunny jammies

Enjoying the view of the garden :)

When the group returned, I had Zoey in the adorable sailor dress Tom and Mary sent her. I meant to have her wear it last night at the potluck, but I forgot. Mary said that she and her sister used to wear similar matching sailor dresses, and she got a kick out of seeing Zoey in hers! I had to put a onsie and leggings underneath it because it was a little chilly; I think it still looked cute :)

She was using her teethers all weekend.
Mary predicts that she'll have a tooth coming through by the time we get home tomorrow!

Sittin' Pretty

Mary had lots of great toys for when she babysits her nieces, nephews and children of close friends. Zoey loved this bee!.

With Mary, before saying our goodbyes.

We had another great trip to Bozeman; it always goes by so quickly. On the way out of town, we stopped by Collin's grave to say our hellos/goodbyes to him, and to take another moment to reflect on the weekend. 

It was after 4:00 by the time we hit the highway, with the same plan as when we left home on Thursday: drive as far as we can, with minimal stops, and find a hotel using my trusty new app. 

Nothin' better than a good book when you're stuck in the car for a while!
Daddy read her "Kiss Good Night" and she liked it so much, she wanted to read it again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment