You know when you hear a word that you're unfamiliar with, or maybe you just haven't heard it in a while, and then when you hear the word, it seems like you start to hear/see it everywhere? So weird how that happens. Well, something similar has happened to me. I was reading a few different articles about how to tell when a baby is ready for solid foods. A few people said that when your baby starts waking up in the middle of the night again, it may mean that they're no longer getting enough to eat, and might be ready for some solids during the day. Others warned that babies also go through another growth spurt between 4-6 months, and them waking up could just be them temporarily needing to nurse more often.
Well, right after I read those articles (on Tuesday), Zoey started waking up again! Yesterday, she was up at 3:00am! This morning, it was 3:45! What the heck? Now, I know that not everything I read in an article is going to apply to Zoey, but it did get me thinking about her situation. Is she really ready for solids, but just doesn't like bananas? Maybe she's not ready and I've upset her tummy? Is she going through another growth spurt? (How often do they have these spurts? I'm gonna have a King Kong baby pretty soon! Ahh! ;)
I don't know exactly what our next step will be or when we'll take it, but I do know that I'll be whispering a little extra prayer tonight that Zoey sleeps until the morning!
The following sequence happened multiple times today!
M: "Hi Baby Girl!"
Z: "Hi Mommy!"
M: "Uh oh..."
(check out her brows! Haha)
Z: (Sniff, sniff, whine, whine)
M: "What's the matter??"
Z: "Huh?"
M: "What's the mat...oh"
Z: "I'm getting sleeeeepy!"
M: "Ok, let's go take a nap"
Z: "No thanks, I can hold out for a little longer. Let's play!"
And she never holds out for much longer. The whimpering starts up again and I whisk her upstairs before it turns into a full on cry! Food...rocking....dozing....20 minute nap (in my arms)...eyes wide open, ready to go again! EXHAUSTING!
Have you tried bananas more than just one or two times? It usually takes a couple tries before some babies get it down. Ryan made weird faces his first couple times.
ReplyDelete