Today was a pretty fun day. From wearing fancy jeans to getting up on her knees, Zoey was definitely looking like a big girl today!
I put her in her new jeans and was shocked to see how grown up they made her look! Not only was she wearing a cute "big girl" outfit, but the jeans made her legs look longer and, I dunno, she just looked like a little kid! (Maybe it's just because I'm her mommy and I'm freaking out?)
Caught having a monkey snack!
Her legs may look long and lean, but she's still got her cute baby belly!
She looks like she could just get up and walk away! Ahh!
I can hardly handle it!
After playing on her mat for a while, she started to get fussy so I took her upstairs to check her diaper. As soon as I got the jeans off of her, she was happy as a clam! Hahaha. I think they were a little too tight in the thigh area (poor girl, already learning the art of squeezing into a cute pair of jeans!) and she had had enough of being uncomfortable!
"Let my legs breathe, Momma! Let 'em breathe!"
Love this picture! She was taking a little rest, which is rare these days.
I feel like she's always either going a mile a minute, or she's asleep!
After a few minutes of snuggling on my pillow, she started to grunt and move her legs. Eventually, this happened...
Up on her knees!
Butt way up in the air!
Not too worried about her going anywhere, as long as her face stays planted like that!
I couldn't believe my eyes! She was looking like she wanted to crawl!! She kept it up for a while; working herself up onto her knees, but her arms and chest stayed pretty flat.
So cute!
She was grunting and huffing and puffing!
Rawr!
Eventually, she tired herself out :)
So much moving! I can't wait to see how long it takes her to push up onto her arms, so she can start moving forward. All of this is very exciting, but VERY scary at the same time. I better start figuring out which items around the house need to be moved, covered up and/or padded. I spoke to a mother a while back who said that she didn't baby proof her house, she just told her kids not to touch the things she didn't want them touching! Not quite sure what my philosophy is going to be, but I need to figure it out, and fast! Eeek! :)
Cute pictures! We didn't baby proof either. Honestly we don't own anything fancy and even if you try to baby proof, there really os no such thing. Babies are too smart! But we did teach jacob what was ok and not ok to touch. It worked for us! Obviously every kid learns differently though.
ReplyDeleteHey Dana! This is Michael's cousin, Beth. I have been following your blog ever since you started it; I found it through Christy's blog. I just wanted to say that I love reading your daily adventures with your little girl! You can really tell that you LOVE being a mom. We have a blog too, and while we USED to write daily stories, etc; we have 3 now and only have time to post the pics. :) It's fraintrain.blogspot.com if you are ever interested. Keep posting! Zoey is a doll. Oh, and we don't do too much baby-proofing either, but the one thing that I do encourage is outlet protectors! Outlets seem to be the first thing they find. Happy blogging. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Beth! That's awesome; I had no idea! I'm glad you're enjoying it :) And thank you; I really do love being a mom! I will definitely check out your blog. I admire you for even getting pictures up. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my posts as a mother of one! Thanks for the tips on baby-proofing; outlet protectors are definitely a top priority! Congrats on your new little guy and I'm looking forward to keeping up with your family through the blog :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Christy! Yeah, I'm thinking our baby-proofing strategy will go something like that, too. I definitely want Zoey to learn to do as we say, and not tough things that are "off limits". I so wish I could go around and protect her from every potential bump or scratch, but I know that's not realistic!
ReplyDelete