This afternoon, we met up with Michael's sisters, Diane and Christy, Christy's husband Jesse and their boys, Jacob and Ryan, at the Puyallup Fair. I have some fun memories of going to the fair as a child, and now Michael and I try to go every year. It's always a great time when we go with family, so when Diane told us that she had free tickets this year and invited us along, we jumped at the chance!
I was super excited to bring Zoey to her first big fair! She was very well behaved and even cooperated as I changed her diaper IN her stroller (the family stall in the restroom was repulsive; dirty diapers everywhere! And the smell...(gag))
That face!
We took this picture over and over again; this is the best we could do.
Always nice to have so many people who want to hold Zoey.
I was able to devour my curly fries and lemonade while she hung with her aunt :)
Little Miss was apparently too cool to smile for the camera today!
So, I had heard that many women lose the ability to handle stomach turning activities (like roller coasters, winding car rides, etc.) after giving birth. I have always liked roller coaster rides, but just looking at them today, had me feeling queasy. I eventually found a ride that looked like a good "tester", to see whether I could still handle it. Diane and I hopped in line, and her excitement helped ease my nerves a little.
Happy, before I realized what I had gotten myself into!
Diane: excited and fearless
Me: terrified and worried about my hair
The ride that had previously looked so tame, turned out to have us screaming non-stop! We got up to a pretty decent height and speed, and the way the seats spun, made you feel like you were going to run into the car in front of you. It may not have been the best, most calm ride to ease me into things, but it was a lot of fun.
LOL!!
While Christy and Jesse took the boys over to the kiddie rides, I left the next big ride up to the adventurous (crazy) brother-sister team. After snapping a few pictures of them on the insane Kamikaze, Zoey and I slipped into the BINGO tent and played a few games. With last year's victory still fresh in my mind (I won a waffle maker!), I went in with a good feeling, but ultimately came out empty handed.
Daredevils
That's them, upside down, on the top right! CRAZY!
We concluded our fair experience with a few games of skee ball and, being the talented athlete that he is, Michael scored the 150 points needed to win a small prize!
Meet Captain Quack...Captain Quack Sparrow!
Hahaha
After a few more attempts to get Zoey to look at the camera, it was time for my Elephant Ear (what's a fair without a sweet treat?!) and the long walk back to the car.
Not interested...
Way too much going on to be worried about Mommy and her silly camera!
Finally!
Thank you Zoe Zoe :)
Another successful year at the fair!


That was a fun day! I can't wait until Zoey and Ryan start going on kid rides together!
ReplyDelete