Monday, September 10, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken

Spending some time exploring her crib!

While on Facebook today, I came across a recipe for shredded chicken, made in the crock pot.  Our crock pot has only been used a handful of times (even after buying a crock pot cookbook), so I was excited when this recipe was described as "a rock-your-world easy, but seriously delicious shredded chicken"! At noon, I gathered the 3 ingredients (chicken, salsa and onion), dumped them...I mean, delicately placed them...into the crock pot, set it to high, and walked away. At 6pm, as the aroma was swirling throughout the entire house, I lifted the lid and found perfectly cooked chicken! I grabbed two forks and began to shred it; it nearly fell apart, just like the recipe said it would!

I served it over rice (which also cooked effortlessly, in the rice cooker) and it was delicious!

So yummy and super easy!

I can't wait to try different variations of this; next time I plan to add some heat with a spicy salsa! You can find the original recipe here (thanks Honest Company!) and I'm also putting it under my new "What's Cookin'?" tab! Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I've heard of that recipe but never tried it. My cock pot recipes always fail or taste nasty :) looks good!

    ReplyDelete