Sunday, September 9, 2012

Captain Awesome

Today was a productive, and exhausting, day. Michael and I woke up with our individual "to do" lists, each about a mile long. After breakfast, thinking that it'd make things go faster, we decided to team up and get a few things done. First up, washing the cars. My car was in dire need of a good scrub down, so I washed it and Michael rinsed (how he got the easy job, I have no clue!). After the outside was clean, he started detailing the inside, while I got started on washing his truck. Once that was done, we moved on to hanging curtains in Zoey's room.

Actually, to be clear, we tried hanging curtains in Zoey's room. After several minutes of me trying to convince him to use a stud finder, and him insisting that he didn't need one, my lovely husband drilled a not-so-lovely hole into the drywall...and nothing else! He completely missed the stud and now there's a nice sized, dusty hole next to where the rod will eventually end up going! We had to abandon the project after tempers flared and Zoey started to fuss, as if on cue, so I could step away and tend to her. 

After going our separate ways, Michael worked in the yard until it was time for me to run to the store. I just needed to pick up a few essentials, but somehow, nursing pads and almond milk turned into: nursing pads, almond milk, coconut milk (last minute request from Mike), waffles, devil's food cake cookies, a box of Nabisco 100 Calorie Pack Lorna Doone cookies, and my personal favorite, a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade! Oiy! Never send a hungry, nursing mommy, with a hankering for cookies and a malt beverage, to the store by herself! Haha

My only picture from our busy day is of this...

Now Michael insists that my new nickname be Nacho Cheese WoMan! 
I think NOT!

Every time we play a board game, Nintendo game or go bowling, Michael puts down "Captain Awesome" as his name! So, when I saw this comic book at the checkout, I had to text him a picture of it. Even though he's stubborn, and put an unnecessary hole in the wall, I'd still say he's pretty awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment