Wanted to give an update on the status of the giant hole in the wall by our front door. The water has dried, the mold is gone and now the hole has finally been patched up! Michael had a few setbacks while trying to get the drywall up, but hung in there and figured it out. I'm pretty proud of him for doing it by himself (although, if I had my way, we would have called someone and had it done right away!). As you can see, he has applied putty around the seams and over all of the nail holes. He'll have to do another round of putty so that everything is flush with the rest of the wall. When will it be finished?... I have no idea. We can't paint the spot without repainting the whole entryway. That means painting the entire hallway as well. At least when we do start painting, we can choose a new color and do it exactly the way we want to (trying to look on the bright side! :)
Pretty sure we're going to salvage the carpet and keep it until we have enough money for hardwoods throughout the entire bottom floor of the house.
Today, Zoey and I went to check out the new TJ Maxx in Puyallup. I am still on the hunt for a dress for our anniversary celebration on Saturday (no surprise, right?) and much to my dismay, the new store was a total letdown! Their dress section was pretty much nonexistent and I ended up getting sucked into the picture frame and toy sections. Two picture frames and a toy drum later...I guess I won't be one of those happy, well dressed "Maxxinistas" you see on TV all the time; at least not today.
Testing out her new Infantino Tap and Go Musical Drum.
It's not the best toy I've ever seen, but it was only $5.99 and I thought she might enjoy banging on it. We'll see...
Not sure what wrestling move this is, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it on TV before!
Haha, don't know what puppy did, but he's paying for it! :)
The following picture is one that I forgot to share yesterday. Zoey was playing on her jungle mat like usual, and next thing I knew, it had collapsed on her! She has taken to kicking the arches and I've seen her lift the mat up before by doing so, but today was the first time the whole thing fell over! Welp, looks like the arches will be coming down. Good thing all of the toys detach and the mat will still make a great surface for her to play on.
Too strong for her own good!


Love the last pic! Too funny! And I NEVER have luck at TJMaxx! They never even have small sizes!
ReplyDelete