This morning, my cell phone alarm went off at 7 AM and I immediately sent my my a text. I asked if Zoey was up, and if so, had she eaten? I said that I would gladly come over and feed her. I was told that she was just waking up and that it might be best for me to come over, as she didn't take the bottle very well last night. I couldn't put the phone down fast enough! I threw on some clothes, wiped the sleep from my eyes, told Michael I'd be back, and raced out the door!
When I arrived, Zoey was wide awake and playing happily. She was all in one piece, with a sleepy smile on her face, and I could breath again. After nursing, she fell back asleep and I headed back to the hotel. On the way, I picked up some McDonald's (no free continental brekkie at the Hilton!) and then hopped right back into bed next to my hubby, who hadn't moved a muscle.
After waking up for the second time (hooray for sleep!!), we packed up our things and bid adieu to our comfy accommodations. When we arrived at my mom's, this is what we found...
Sleeping Beauty, in a new outfit from Granny!
The room was quiet, except for the Adele coming from the iPhone in my mom's sweatshirt pocket :) We tiptoed in and both enjoyed a cup of hot cocoa as we watched her sleep. When she woke up, Zoey seemed a bit confused, but eventually lit up as she realized her mommy and daddy were back.
When I went to load her things into the car, I dropped her poor Sophie, right onto the bug covered grill! (car hasn't been washed since the Montana road trip...my bad...)
So glad to have our girl back!!
Some pictures from last night:
Dinner at Sarajevo Lounge. Yum!
Michael had the Cevapi, which came highly recommended from restaurant reviewers.
It's Bosnian beef and lamb sausages on a yummy fry bread.
My Chicken Sish Kebab with Sarajevo Potatoes (french fries with a salty, tangy seasoning) and salad.
We also shared an appetizer of Gyro Sliders. So, so good!
When I told my mom that I had planned for us to ride the Great Wheel after dinner, she asked if that could be her anniversary gift to us. She gave us that and two Starbucks gift cards! :)
The Seattle Great Wheel!!
Standing 175 feet tall, it's the largest "observation wheel" on the west coast.
It was lit up in WSU Cougars colors because they were playing that night.
This is when I started to get a little nervous. I was actually going to get into one of those gondolas!
The workers accommodated anyone who asked to have their picture taken (which was everyone)! I guess that shouldn't have surprised me, but it did.
The wheel extends nearly 40 feet beyond the pier!
A little blurry, but you can see the stadiums off to the left and a ferry coming in.
One last shot of it on the way back to the car.
Our fancy desserts! Haha
We stopped at the QFC next to the hotel and each picked out what we wanted.
By the looks of it (two bottles of wine), you'd have thought we were about to par-tay!...
Not at all.
We were two lame, pitifully exhausted parents who just wanted to eat their sweets and go to bed! And the wine made for a great sleep aid; one minute we were sipping in bed, recounting the nights events, and the next thing we knew, it was 7 AM and our cell phone alarms were going off!
Maybe the party animals in us will reemerge in time for our four year celebration? :)






I know how hard that first time away is! Glad you had fun!
ReplyDelete