Tuesday, October 2, 2012

4 in 10

This morning, not to be outdone by her own performance a few weeks ago, Zoey managed to go through 4 diapers in a little over 10 minutes! Each time, I heard what sounded like a very juicy toot (pleasant, right?) and crossed my fingers that it was only gas. And each time, I was wrong. The frustrating part, was that there wasn't much in the diaper, but what was there, was creeping up her little butt crack! So, even if I wanted to let her sit in a bit a juice until I was sure she was done, I couldn't because it was creeping out and threatening to stain her clothes, if I didn't take care of it. 

So, what do you get when your mommy is tired of changing your diaper and taking your clothes on and off (the poo did eventually escape and soil one outfit)...

You get wrapped in a blanket until after the next feeding and nap!

Little stinker! (literally!!)

After our diaper changing marathon, my sweet little angel had one more gift for me. I had just fed her and put her over my should to try and coax out a burp. She let out a big one, which was followed by a good amount of spit up. This normally isn't a big deal, but this time, her spit up completely missed the burp rag and nailed my neck. As the slimy liquid pooled in that small pocket created by the collarbone, there was no hiding my emotions. I let out a disgusted sigh as I dried myself off. Yuck!

Our messy morning continued as I set Zoey down to play and went into the kitchen to make myself breakfast. I reached into the refrigerator to find that I was out of milk for my cereal. I then looked in the freezer and was sad to see that there weren't any frozen waffles left. The only other breakfast item was the blueberry pancake mix in the pantry. So, pancakes it was. Zoey started to fuss as I was opening the bag, and in an effort to calm her down, I began to sing...and dance. Maybe "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" wasn't the best choice, considering I have become extremely clumsy ever since giving birth. Before I could finish the first verse, the bag slipped from my hands and bounced off of the dishwasher, sending pancake mix flying! This was just not my morning!

Maybe I wasn't meant to have breakfast this morning?

Zoey continued her "Nothings reeeally wrong, I'd just prefer you come pick me up" whining, and when I looked a little closer, I started cracking up! I don't know how it happened, but Zoey had gone from sitting up, to laying flat on her tummy, with her laugh and learn puppy propped up against her. The look on her face, and all of the noise she was making, really did seem to shout "Rescue Me"! 

Pinned by a puppy!

Fast forward to dinnertime. I decided to try my hand at something new: turkey meatballs! I had never made them before, but was having a weird craving for them. I found a few simple recipes online (all from foodnetwork.com) and combined them in a way that accommodated the ingredients I had. I'm pretty sure I did everything right (except for heed Rachel Ray's advice to roll the formed meatballs in breadcrumbs), but many of them fell apart in the pan. They were still really yummy though. I'm going to hold off on posting a recipe, until I get them right :)

I'm definitely going to try again; see if the extra breadcrumbs is the key.


**Our friends Micah and Shannan, the ones whose wedding we went to in July, formally announced that they are expecting their first child!! We are so happy for them and can't wait to meet their little bundle in April! Right now they're living in Hawaii and we're praying Micah's job allows him to transfer to the company's Washington location. I'm also praying that they have a happy, healthy GIRL! We love all of the baby boys we're blessed to have around us, but how cool would it be for Zoey to have a little girl "cousin" who is just a year younger than her?! Here's hoping Shannan has an easy and uneventful pregnancy!**

2 comments:

  1. A little meatball trick I learned- freeze the meatballs for 5 minutes before you cook them! Helps them to stay together. Also adding milk to the meatball mix with the breadcrumbs helps :)

    So exciting about Micah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, thanks! I'll try that next time!

    ReplyDelete