Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Short Leash

Forget all of the time I spent on the floor with Zoey today, playing, rolling around and reading books. No, none of that means anything compared to the amount of sheer joy she got from playing with the string from my sweatshirt hood! I am not kidding, I think the time spent with that darn string (a good 10 to 15 minutes), was the most blissful experience my child had all day!!

Deciding what to do with her new "toy"

No surprise that it went straight into her mouth!
LOVE the raised eyebrow and puffed out lip!

"Still don't know what this thing is...but it's awesome!"

She just kept pulling on it and making funny faces 

Eventually, she rolled to the side and ended up on her back. For a moment, I though I was going to be set free, but I was mistaken. The fun continued...

I think, by this time, she was aware that I was attached to the string. She appeared to be getting a kick out of having a hold on me!

She keeps me on a short leash!
Just look at that evil grin! (OK, it's more cute than evil, but still..)

Once her fascination with the string waned, she moved on to more mischievous things. As I set up the ironing board, ready to iron a giant pile of Michael's work shirts, Zoey decided it'd be fun to explore the TV console. Before I knew it, she was swinging the glass door open and having a good ol' time! 

Umm, I'm gonna have to say playing with the glass is a no-no! Sorry Bug!

"OK. No glass? How about the shirts you're trying to iron?!"

Needless to say, I didn't get very far with the ironing. If she wasn't over by the TV or pulling shirts down from the chair, she was getting too close the the ironing board and freaking me out! So much for that chore getting done during Zoey's awake time.


A quick update on the pooches: They have a new dog house, which they love. Michael did a great job constructing it and recently put a heat lamp in, so they can stay warm and dry if/when it starts to rain. Eventually, it will have a mud flap door and a coat of paint, but for now, it's just simple and functional.

Kiwi and Harper still sleep inside at night, but they spend most of their day outside (unless it's really pouring and they beg to come inside)

Heehee. Harper, gazing out the window:)

No comments:

Post a Comment