Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cart Ride

I knew we shouldn't have opened the Halloween candy last night! 
Look what we started! ;)

We couldn't wait to get Zoey on the floor this morning and watch her army crawl some more! She is moving a bit faster today than she was yesterday. It's so wild how quickly babies can excel at something, once they realize they're capable. Now that Zoey knows she can get to things, when she see what she wants, she can't get there fast enough!


Power chords, cell phones and anything else that's not a toy, are her favorite things to head towards!

After watching Zoey for a while, and taking TONS of videos (most of which are us trying to entice he with things and waiting for her to start moving), it was time to get dressed and head to Target. We met my mom there and picked up a few necessities. Like every other trip to Target, I started out with a short list and then added a few unexpected items. 

Today was Zoey's first time riding in the shopping cart, outside of her car seat! After holding her for a bit, my mom asked if she could put her into the shopping cart seat. Although a part of me wanted to shout "No, that would mean she's a big girl and I'm not ready yet!", I agreed and was amazed at how natural she looked. Embracing the reality of the situation, we found our way down the aisle that had the seat covers for shopping carts and high chairs. I quickly found one that was on sale and not too masculine looking. I took it right out of the box and we started using it immediately!

My baby girl is becoming less baby-ish by the day! (tear, tear, sniffle, sniffle)

It was pretty amusing, watching the teller ring up the empty box and then discover that the "missing" item was already in use!

All of the excitement of her first cart ride must have made Zoey sleepy. She was getting fussy, so I fed her in the car and she dozed off mid-meal. When we got home, it wasn't long before she was fussy again and longing to finish the meal she started. As she ate, she became distracted by all of our talking and just couldn't wait to check out what was going on. She stopped nursing, did her best to get upright and tried desperately to peak her head out from under the cover.

We were cracking up as my mom took a few pictures! 

"What'cha guys talkin' about? Huh, huh, huh?"

"I know you didn't think you could carry on a conversation and not include me?!"

The above video, plus another cute one, is on the Life In Motion page :)

No comments:

Post a Comment