Saturday, October 13, 2012

Jungle Gyms

We have entered a new phase in the Lubovich house: Zoey= a little monkey; Mommy & Daddy= her jungle gyms! 

Zoey is rolling around, fearlessly lunging forward, swiveling on her tummy and now, pulling to stand and climbing all over Michael and me. 

Technically she's on her hands and knees, but as soon as she sticks her feet out the back, she slides to the ground.

She lifts her bottom up and then puts it back down...up, down, up down!

Her arms and legs are getting so strong!
And I'm surprised her feet don't hurt (well they could; how would I really know?) from all the time she spends awkwardly balanced on them.

All of the teetering and scooting, moves her great distances (in baby measurements!)
You can see her butt print in the blanket, on the right, where she started out :)

Although she is now constantly pulling on us, her new found mobility and independence also has her entertaining herself a lot. She may be sprawled across my legs, but some of time, she isn't concerned with me at all. Sometimes, she'll just want to hang out or I'll be a road block, keeping her from something she wants (She always has a way of  getting her paws on my cell phone! The screen has barely recovered from the damage she did a few weeks ago! Grrr).

"Hello, Mom! Don't mind me. My teether and I are just seeing what's on the other side of your legs!"

A cool teether she got from my aunt.

Planting her arms on my legs and digging her toes into the floor, she stands! (sort of). 

Tonight, when she finished nursing and drifted to sleep, Zoey kept chuckling! It was the cutest thing! She was just barely asleep and she kept cracking a smile and letting out an exhausted chuckle. I don't know if she had reached a dream state that quickly or if she was just thinking about something that made her happy? I had to stifle my laughter, so I wouldn't wake her up! Eventually, she was "asleep" asleep and, even though I didn't want to, I gently placed her in her crib. Love that happy little monkey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment