My beautiful baby is 6 months old today! Her 6th month of life has been filled with so much growth and so many amazing new milestones. It has taken everything in me not to throw a big Happy Half Birthday party! I know that if I'm feeling this way about her half birthday, there is going to be no holding me back when she turns a year old!! :)
At 6 months Zoey:
-is sitting up all by herself!
-is sleeping in her own room!
-is passing objects from hand to hand
-appears to be grabbing objects at the midline
-has eaten pureed bananas and broccoli
-is responding to her name more often
-is grabbing at absolutely everything!! (she also sends unwanted items to the floor!)
-is saying "Da-da" (sometimes isolated and other times, amid other babbling)
-is learning to recognize sign language (we're doing "milk", "mama", "dada", "stop" and occasionally "more", "finished", "dog/puppy" and "I love you")
-is still pulling her knees in under her while on her tummy (crawling is right around the corner! Eek!)
-is pushing up on her arms (not while on her knees)
-is still teething (it's intense some days and appears not to bother her on other days)
-is laughing more and more frequently
-is still "talking" A LOT
-is still very easily distracted while nursing
-is actively exploring her new toys and appears to have chosen some favorites
-is very expressive and making her preferences known
-is wearing both 6 and 9 month sized clothes
-appears to be responding positively to music
and much, much more!
In honor of turning 6 months old, we put on a cute dress and headed outside for some pretty pictures.
Investigating the grass
She really loves being outside; it has a calming effect on her.
It was a little breezy today, but she didn't seem to mind. She just took it all in.
She loves watching to dogs run and play.
When I first sat them next to her, it took her a minute to react.
She was curious, but very gentle.
Harper did a great job with her.
In an effort to make sure I had a great "6 month" picture, I put Zoey in her crib and snapped a few more. She has really taken to her crib and is showing growing interest in her musical, spinning mobile. Some mornings, if she isn't overwhelmingly hungry, she'll wake up and just lie there for a little while, gazing up. Eventually, she'll let out her "come get me" call, and that's my cue.
Before the excitement of being back in her crib wore off
More concerned about her toes, but humoring me with one last smile :)
Tomorrow is Zoey's 6 month check up and I am very curious what her stats will be. I plan to talk to the pediatrician about introducing more foods, how often to feed Zoey, and how much. Unfortunately, there are 6 month shots, but if she behaves the way she has in the past, she'll do just fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment