Today, Zoey and I spent a lot of time on the floor, exploring and moving around. As unprepared as I feel for her to start crawling, I know I still need to encourage her and help her continue to learn and grow. She can get quite fussy and frustrated, but that frustration is helpful, to a certain extent. I tried to keep a few things just a little out of reach, so that she could work on developing different skills/strategies to reach them.
Getting frustrated and telling me all about it.
Her babbling results in a good amount of spit!
"Hey! Where do you think you're goin'?"
Between all of the squirming, rolling and attempts at crawling, Zoey is really making her way around the living room these days! Today, she started moving backwards each time she'd try to crawl forward (how frustrating that must be!). She would use her arms to lift herself up, but then her legs would give out and her arms would slide her backwards.
Decided to focus on working the legs
Love the intense face!
When her arms and chest are down, her tushy gets way up there!
After sliding and scooting around, she stayed in one place and decided she'd just swivel on her tummy, to get what/where she wanted!
"Oooh, what's that to my right? Some tile??...I want it!"
Turn...
Turn...
Turn...Aaah...cool tile!
She was having a good ol' time smacking the hard surface with her hands, until I distracted her. I got a vision of her dropping her head and her chin hitting the tile. No good.
"What do you mean I have to stop? I worked hard to get here!!"
**I uploaded two videos from today**
No comments:
Post a Comment