Zoey's first Halloween! Woohoo!!
Our day started with an audition in downtown Seattle. My mom had agreed to come along and watch Zoey for me, but at the last minute, I received an email from my agency, letting me know that the casting director said it was fine for me to bring her with me! I was super excited for her to tag along (AKA, I'd get to show her off to more people :), but as I struggled to get her into the stroller, carry my portfolio and umbrella, and walk down the block without the wind and rain messing up my hair and makeup, the excitement pretty much wore off!
I think the casting went well though. I'll be surprised if I book the job (they were casting a "wife" and I don't get parts like that yet), but I think I rose to the challenge. Not surprisingly, everyone LOVED Zoey, and the casting director said, unprompted, that it was a pleasure to meet her and she'll keep her in mind if she has any baby projects!! Once again, my little Buggie stole the show, but I think I'll get over it!
Our next stop was my mom's office, to show of Zoey's Halloween costume. Everyone "ooh"ed and "ahh"ed, taking in the cutest little giraffe they'd every seen.
Happy to be with Granny
After Granny's office, it was off to visit Daddy at his work. Every year, anyone who has kids is invited to have them come by and the kids trick-or-treat around the office. There were a good number of kids there this year, and we even saw another baby giraffe!
Sitting in Daddy's chair, like a big girl!
Helping get some work done?
Once home, I couldn't wait for the trick-or-treaters to start blowing up our doorbell! Since we've been married, Michael and I have lived in apartments and townhomes, where you'd think kids would have flocked, but they never did. So, this year, being in a house, I just knew we were going to be bombarded by tons of adorable little sugar fiends!
While we waited for our first princess, Spiderman or pirate to arrive, Michael carved his pumpkin and we took some pictures with our baby giraffe.
Mike's pumpkin
He just dove in, without a template, making it up as he went!
Hooray for my last minute costume!
My bachelorette party dress + black leggings + a black shirt= Momma Zebra!
A momma zebra and a baby giraffe?
Hey, apparently anything's possible on Halloween!
Checkin' out her pumpkin; a real work of art!
I'm thinking this costume could easily double as a cozy pair of winter jammies.
She looks pretty comfy!
LOVE the profile; tail and all!
Say "Cheese"!
My favorite!
Who knew giraffes could fly?
"See you suckers later, I'm outta here!"
As we sat and sat without any children coming to the door, I started to realize that my dream of a jam packed, festive Halloween night was not going to come true. I started thinking about how we were the only house on the block (maybe even in the neighborhood) with decorations up. I guess I should have known...
Finally, at about 8:45, while I was upstairs rocking Zoey to sleep, I heard a knock at the door. I was instantly jealous that Michael was going to see our only trick-or-treaters and I wasn't. It turned out to be our neighbors from across the way. Why were they coming by so late?? I guess something was better than nothing at all, but come on! Michael told me later that he let each of the kids take a huge handful of candy. That was fine by me. Even with their handfuls gone, we had TONS of candy left over!
All I see here is a bowl full of $$$
Such a shame!
I will never again waste our hard earned money on candy for kids that aren't going to show up! (Apparently, our neighbors have lived in their house for 15 years, and have had a total of 5 trick-or-treaters!! WHAT?!) I think every kid who lives in our neighborhood and didn't come by, owes us $1!
Oh well, it was a blast seeing Zoey all dressed up; her first Halloween was far from a flop. She was absolutely adorable and we had a fun day!





No comments:
Post a Comment