Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pull Ups

This morning, as I was getting Zoey dressed, I spotted her cute polka dot hair clips and decided to put one in her hair. I bought them a while back at Target and remember thinking that she had to have them, even though it would likely be a long time before she'd ever where them. Well, as soon as I put one in her hair, I started questioning why I had waited so long...it was absolutely adorable and didn't bother her a bit! I know it may seem silly to some, to get excited over a hair clip, but I totally was/am. I didn't think my baby girl could look any cuter, and then BAM! Cuteness overload (says her biased and proud momma)!

She's always had plenty of hair to rock a clip with...

It just does something to her little face! 
Makes her look like a little girl (instead of a little baby girl)

Melts my heart

The next two pictures go out to those who ask me why Zoey is so happy "all the time". When I tell you that she's not happy ALL the time, this is what I'm talking about! She likes to save the drama for her momma ;)

Obviously tired, but not wanting to sleep

Taking it out on the Pooh Bear mobile (that no one even knew she could reach!)

As I sat in front of Zoey, enjoying a sweet honeycrisp apple, the look in her eyes made me feel guilty for not sharing (the girl is good!). She had a great time with her slice...waving it around, smacking it on the floor, smearing it all over her face, and eventually nibbling off a small piece, which resulted in it getting confiscated.  

Always keeping an eye out for the next thing to grab!

Mmmm, tasty!

I had to keep reminding myself that a little carpet fuzz stuck to the apple, wouldn't hurt her! (Yuck)

It was a day full of apples! Before her evening feeding, she finished off the rest of her first container of homemade applesauce.

"Must.Get.Every.Last.Drop"

This girl is serious about her spoons. I'm pretty sure they are her favorite part about eating solids!

A little more play time before bedtime.

So, our little monkey is on to pull ups: the body movement, not the training pants! Grabbing on to anything she can (our clothes, our limbs, my hair, the arm of the couch...), Zoey is now pulling up to stand. With enough support, she will stand all the way up, but other times, she will find herself bent over, with her booty in the air! I can't believe how quickly she is moving from one skill to the next; it's so much fun (and nerve racking) to watch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment