Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sad Goodbye

Tonight was Michael's company's end of the year celebration. It was held in downtown Seattle, on an Argosy dinner boat. The evening was really nice; the food was delicious and we were in great company. The rotten part of the night: saying goodbye to Zoey before we left. She is at the age now, where she knows when we leave a room/the house and she can definitely have a strong reaction. 

As soon as my mom showed up, Zoey appeared a little skeptical. It was as if she was starting to put the facts together: my granny's here; my mom and dad are running around like crazy people; their dressed in fancy clothes and they smell nicer than usual...hmmm. She let my mom hold her as she watched us put the finishing touches on our looks. In an effort to distract her, my mom started feeding her some apple sauce...and that's when things really went downhill! Stuck in her activity seat, each time she'd see me walk by, Zoey would crane her neck around and cry as I'd leave her sight! Poor Buggie; by the time we were ready to leave, she was crying hysterically and my heart was aching!

"Something is going on and I don't like it one bit!"

Goodbye kisses for Buggie

I know it made Michael sad to see Zoey upset, but he had to keep it together for the both of us and get us out the door on time. We smiled for a few pictures (I knew we'd look back on them later, and laugh) and made the difficult walk to car, as our baby girl screamed, begging us not to go :(


"Mum, mum, mum" aka, 
"Why are you smiling? I'm freakin' out here; pick me up already!"

Fortunately, we made it to the boat on time and were able to swap stories with a coworker and his wife, who had left their new baby with his grandparents. I think I only sent my mom one text, to see if Zoey had eaten enough and fallen asleep. I let out a sigh when I found out she was sleep, and happily enjoyed the rest of my beef medallions, chicken pinwheels, salad with pears, rice, pumpkin cheesecake and rich chocolate fudge!! And we even through a little dancing in there towards the end (dance those calories away...right?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment