Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hat & Mittens

After yesterday's Costco trip: It was pouring down rain, so to bring Zoey into the house, I covered the car seat with a blanket and put one of my grocery items on her lap (she couldn't see it). As soon as I put her down in the entry way, I heard the crinkling sound of plastic. I looked down and (from my angle) saw the container of flautas (which are really yummy, btw) start to slowly disappear! I came around to the front of the car seat and saw a sneaky little Zoey paw on our dinner! :)

Today, Zoey and I went to Nordstrom Rack in search of a dress for me to wear to Michael's work event this weekend. As Zoey's curiosity continues to grow, coupled with her increasing mobility, shopping trips are becoming a bit more difficult, time consuming and entertaining!

As I was getting ready, I looked over and saw this scary sight!!
Time to retire the bouncy seat (I should have known better, seeing as how she can sit up now. Good thing I didn't learn "the hard way"!)

Into the Pack 'n' Play she went! 
The P'n'P has now been modified. Thanks to Dr. Granny, we were reminded that the mattress needs to be lowered for babies over 15 pounds!

Once at The Rack, I quickly found a few dresses that I wanted to try on. At first, Zoey was a bit fussy, but cooperative. Then, it was like a light switched on and she desperately needed to be out of the stroller! I still had a few dresses to go and knew that I couldn't force the rest of the ladies in the dressing room to listen to my child scream. So, what did I do? Like a chivalrous gentleman that you only read about in books, I laid down my jacket (fortunately not over a puddle) and plopped my demanding Buggie down!

She was very content and obliged my request that she not squirm onto the dirty dressing room floor.

The only dress I ended up taking home is one that I won't even be wearing this weekend. It is a dark blue, one shoulder, floor length gown with ruching on the top, that was originally $198.00. Guess how much it was marked down to??...OK, you'll never guess! $19.88!!! I couldn't believe it, and knowing that I would probably never again find a beautiful gown for $20, I had to take it home with me :) I'm sure I will attend at least one black tie event in my life, right?

On our way up to the counter, I had to stop in the baby section to see if they had any winter items for Zoey. Michael and I had just been talking about how she needed a hat and some mittens. Well, what do ya know! I found a cute polka dot hat and mitten set for only $9. And as I was trying them on her, an employee commented on how cute they looked. She then said "I think I have a light pink set in the back. It would look so cute on her! Do you want me to go check?". Before I could even finish my "Umm, I guess, if you don't mind", the woman was headed for the stock room. She was right, the light pink set was adorable, and the hat even had cute little ears on it. Thanks kind Nordstrom lady :)

She is all set for Fall/Winter!
(The fact that everything matched the outfit she was already wearing, made it even harder to say no)

She's going to wear the polka dot set to the pumpkin patch!

When Daddy got home and occupied Zoey, I made the next batch of baby food. Up next: Carrots! It was already past her 5 o'clock feeding, but we gave her a few bites, and she didn't seem to mind it (I almost gagged when I tried it. I've never been a fan of cooked carrots! Yucky). I am loving how easy this baby food making business it, so far. I boiled about 20 baby carrots, ran them under cold water, pooped 'em in the Vitamix, dished up 3 oz. portions, and that was it! Two for the freezer, one for the next few days. Right now, Zoey is eating about 1.5 to 2 Tbs. of food a day (sometimes I'll do some applesauce at lunch too, but we don't have a set routine down yet). 

Feeding her can be tricky and messy, but it's still a lot of fun. 
If she's not grabbing the spoon or getting distracted by something, then she's dive bombing the spoon and getting it all over her face! :)

(And for the record, I know that the bib is totally hideous and a little creepy! I keep saying I am going to get some new ones, but for now, it's the only plastic one we have, and it's so easy to clean!)

Still very small-scale, but I'm getting good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment