Tonight was Zoey's third night eating her applesauce. She still appears to be simply tolerating it, as she definitely enjoys chewing on the spoon more than anything. However, she did eat about 1.5 tablespoons and towards the end, was no longer making the silly faces that came after each swallow. (Her pediatrician (and my mom, who likes to read and then dispense information, like she's Dr. Granny! ;) told us that sometimes it can take offering the same food up to 10 times, before babies show real interest in it.)
It always cracks me up when I have to feed her the same small bite of food, about 3 times, because she keeps pushing it out!
The signals that she's had enough: chomping on, pulling on, and/or playing with her bib!
And of course, turning away from the spoon.
Our little Buggie, who is slowing starting to also be referred to as "monkey", is becoming more and more brave when it comes to attempting to crawl. When she sets her sights on something, she will lunge forward and try to reach eat. She usually also has her mouth open because, one thing that has not changed, is that everything she touches, goes into her mouth! (Not sure when this phase ends; I thought it was supposed to be around 6 months?!)
Balancing on her hands and toes!
Love how she doesn't even have her hands on Sophie, but her mouth is open, ready to chomp on it!
At 11:40 PM, I was sitting here on the couch, periodically glancing at the baby monitor. Zoey started to squirm around in her crib, and instead of jumping up like usual, I decided to watch for a minute and see what she was going to do. As she started to call out, I prepared to run up there, but a few seconds later, I watched my baby girl drift back to sleep, all on her own! What a big girl! I don't usually mind going up and rocking her back to sleep, but lately, it has been taking FOREVER! We are both exhausted and I am very grateful for a break from our usual midnight meeting.
No comments:
Post a Comment