Zoey and I were up pretty early this morning. She had no desire to sleep past 7:30; probably anxious to get downstairs and practice her army crawl! So, by 8:45, we had played a little and worked our booties off in the kitchen. The fruits of our labor: breakfast muffins, scrambled eggs and bacon!
I found a simple recipe for basic breakfast muffins in that annoying little paper that gets dropped off in our driveway every week. I usually discard everything that's not a coupon, quickly skim through the ads and then toss those, too. Well, fortunately the muffin recipe caught my eye and I was super excited to make them this morning. Along with the basic recipe, there were suggested add-ins like cinnamon sugar, blueberries, apple chunks, banana, vanilla, etc. I chose to make the basic muffin and sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar.
They came out looking beautiful!!
(A little bland, but still yummy. Can't wait to try different add-ins :)
After breakfast, I randomly checked my cell phone and saw that there was a text from my aunt, Angie, waiting for me. I was beyond surprised as I read: "I dropped off some goodies at your front door. Anything you don't like, just take it to Good Will". The message was about an hour old, so I frantically wrote her back (a big, THANK YOU!) and began to dissect our special delivery. More goodies from Nordstrom!
Zoey is so spoiled...err, I mean LOVED!
4 pairs of jeans, two tops, a pair of leggings, a "My 1st Thanksgiving" onesie and sock set, a pair of Mary Jane tights and a ruffly pink pants/hoodie set.
My favorite item out of the bunch:
A distressed pair of True Religion jeans!!
Bahaha!
First of all, please don't mistake my poking fun at these for a lack of appreciation. I love the jeans, I just had to laugh when I saw that they were distressed...complete with a slight tear...for an infant! Fortunately, they are size 12 month, because Zoey's thighs can't even fit into them yet! She has a few more months to slim down (Speaking of...good news, she now fits comfortably into her 6-12 month pair of 7's! The day ever girl dreams of, right? Lol). Looks like baby designer jeans are made just like adult ones!
After a bit more lazy lounging, we got ready to go see a production of Willy Wonka that was showing at the Auburn Avenue Theater. Michael's co-worker's daughter played the role of Violet Beauregarde and she did a great job! Although the tickets were a little overpriced and the theater was tiny (we'd never been there before and expected something much different), the whole show was a lot of fun and I'm glad we were able to show our support.
Zoey didn't make a peep, until the last 5 minutes of the show; then, she may have sung along to the closing number!
On the way out, the woman sitting in front of us asked me if we had stayed in the theater the whole time. I told her we had and that Zoey slept through the whole first half of the show. She was amazed that she didn't hear any fussing or crying...and to be honest, so was I! During the second half, Zoey seemed content either looking at the actors on stage or bouncing up and down on my lap, while trying to sneak some popcorn!
Once home, in keeping with the surprisingly productive nature of the day, I decided to make some more applesauce. I had heard of freezing it in ice cube trays and couldn't wait to try it. Once frozen, you've got individual 1 Tbsp servings that are easy to thaw and serve!
So fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment