Today was the presentation at Nordstrom that I was modeling for. Zoey and I spent the morning together and then Michael came home at 11:30 so I could take off.
Ready for her mid-morning nap
The presentation was to show some of the "higher ups", some new pieces that Nordstrom will be carrying. There were four of us models and we each had two different looks: an "out with the girls" look and an "active/casual" look. It went really well (lots of "ooh"s and "aah"s) and, as always, it was fun to play dress-up in clothes that I would either, never wear, or can't afford to wear (my jeans were $198, and that wasn't the most expensive thing I wore!)
After a quick stop at the store, and the Redbox, I was home by 3:30. I scooped up my baby girl and smothered her with kisses :)
Always feels so good when I can tell she's happy to be in my arms
Hahaha! I think she was telling me "Alright, alright, enough already"
Michael didn't have to go back to work, so we were able to spend a fun Friday afternoon together. We had the Toddler Tunes blaring from the TV and when we weren't singing and dancing, we were watching in awe as Zoey played and moved around the room.
She had her back to us and was playing all by herself! I called her name and reminded her that her "chopped liver" mom and dad, were still in the room!
Over the last couple of days, Zoey appears to have become a lot less hesitant to hurl herself forward and reach for things she wants. It probably also has to do with her discovering and testing her strength; now that she knows she can push herself forward, she's doing it more and more.
Leaning forward, headed for the burp cloth.
Balancing on her toes!
Her arms may have let her down, but her mouth was ready! LOL
Her legs quickly gave out, but she didn't mind too much
It seems like just yesterday that I was excited for her to be sitting up, unsupported, with very few tipping incidences. Now, she is going from sitting to lunging forward, sometimes as soon as you sit her down, and I am back to being right by her side, ready to make sure she doesn't hit the ground too hard.
Impromptu family photo :)
(please excuse my husband's outfit, he grabbed what was on top of his laundry basket, and didn't even bother to take off his black work socks!)
*LOVE*
Ben & Jerry's ice cream, a glass of wine (or two) and the movie Think Like A Man, made for a great Friday night, full of laughs!



No comments:
Post a Comment