Zoey kept waking up last night, which meant that I didn't spend very much time asleep in bed. When she was ready to be up for good this morning, Michael was great and took her downstairs while I slept for about an hour (that's an eternity in tired mommy time!). When I came downstairs, I was greeted by a happy baby, a warm breakfast and a hot cup of coffee! (I don't know what sparked the chivalry, but I wasn't complaining! :) Along with our pancakes and eggs, he had cut up an apple and a banana. As I held Zoey in my lap at the table, she started to fuss when I wouldn't let her touch my plate. I glanced down at the fruit and something told me to see if she'd enjoy an apple slice. What do ya know...she loved it!
I had to keep a tight grip on it because she was so eager to shove it into her mouth!
I'm guessing the cold felt good on her gums.
She went back and forth between gnawing on it and sucking out the juice.
My baby's first apple slice!
Yes, I tried to figure out a way to save the slice for forever and ever.
No, I couldn't come up with anything that wouldn't eventually involve mold, fruit flies and an icky smell.
Thank goodness for adorable pictures!
This afternoon, we ventured out to downtown Tacoma and enjoyed a nice lunch at the Harmon Brewery. I had bought an Amazon Local deal that was $15 for $30 worth of food and drinks. Everything was really tasty and afterwards, we walked it off as we browsed through a cool consignment shop just up the block.
Our lovely afternoon was only slightly ruined by the near heart attack I had at the sight of my baby girl up on her hands and knees! Michael got a kick out of propping her up and I thought I was going to pass out when I saw her! I am so not ready for this!!
However cool, it's much more frightening!
No comments:
Post a Comment