Today we went over to Michael's parents' house for a potluck dinner. With Mike's sisters, brother, brother-in-law, nephews and even his grandma, it felt kinda like a mini Thanksgiving! All of the food was delicious and, along with Cathy's Baklava, our fruit salad was a hit during dessert. Michael had insisted on recreating a fruit salad he remembered having as a kid, so we cute up a few different kinds of apples and pears, some strawberries and grapes, and then added marshmallow puff and a dollop of Cool Whip! Fresh fruit and sugar? Yes please! :)
The time before and after dinner was totally dedicated to laid back family/play time!
With Grandpa Roger
Learning new skills with Grandma Cathy
She closed them all, all by herself!
Ryan and Great Grandma Carol
He is such a happy boy; he kept rocking back and forth, smiling from ear to ear!
With her hair twin, Aunt Diane!
Silly faces
I was cracking up as I tried to edit the "cousins" pictures! Zoey and Ryan appeared to be having a great time with each other; there were so many adorable pictures to choose from.
Checking out Ryan's cool shoes
"Zoey, are you being gentle?"
"Yes, Mom"..."Gentle? What's 'gentle'?"
"I want that cup!"
"Hey, I'm still playing with it!"
Hopefully she was just petting him, gently?
"What just happened? You all saw that, right?!"
Looks like it's time to start introducing words like "careful", "nice" and "soft" to Miss Zoey!
Cousin Jacob on the scene
He is always so sweet to Zoey!
And how does she show her love? By climbing on him! :)
Dangling her teether in front of her like a carrot!
As we were enjoying our meal, we noticed that there was a beautiful rainbow right outside the window. From where we were sitting, we could see the whole thing, as both ends of it pierced the water. Now, I'm not going to lie, I may have gotten a little excited when I discovered that there were actually two rainbows! So excited, that I jumped up and declared "Oh my gosh! It's a Double Rainbow!!" Hahaha. It's was so pretty, I couldn't help myself! A few of us proceeded to get up and snap some great pictures.
Gorgeous
Can you see the second rainbow? It's faint, but it's there :)
Even though she didn't say so, I'm pretty sure Grandma Carol thought we were all nuts for getting so worked up over a couple of rainbows! Nothin' like good times with the family. What a fun afternoon :)
Love the pictures. And your captions are pretty awesome too :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks :) Your kids are just so stinkin cute! I plan to have all the pics up on FB soon. And if you'd ever prefer anything sent to you directly, just let me know!
ReplyDelete