Friday, October 26, 2012

She's Mobile

The day I've been dreading has finally arrived! Zoey is now doing a slow army crawl!! Using one arm to brace herself and the other to pull herself forward, her arms and legs are now working together to move her across the floor! 

This morning, when I brought her downstairs, she was still in her sleep sack, so she couldn't move around very much. I had no idea that once I changed her into pants, freeing her legs, she was going to take off! Fortunately, she's not moving very quickly, but I still have to keep my eyes peeled for anything that might be in her path that I don't want her to reach.  

Still in her sleep sack, she brought the jungle mat to her!
Makeshift blankie?

What Zoey is doing quickly these days, is rolling towards, and/or swiveling around to, things near her. If I change her diaper on the floor, I have to make sure that the surrounding area is clear before I let her get up (she tries to get up multiple times during the changing...no patience, sheesh!") One item I always seem to forget about is the package of diaper wipes! 2 seconds and she's got 'em!


I went to get some hand sanitizer, and when I turned back around, she had reopened the package! 

"Stop!"

After rolling her back over, holding her down and putting her pants back on, I set her free. She turned right around and made her way to the coffee table. Apparently she was in the mood to read last years holiday cards...

This was a great reminder that everything on the bottom shelf of the coffee table needs to be removed!


This afternoon, while looking through Facebook, I was thinking about how I couldn't wait for Michael to get home and help out with Zoey, so I could finally take a shower!! (yes, it was one of those days.) As soon as I started entertaining the notion of sleeping in tomorrow, I came across this picture that a friend had posted:

Sooooo true!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! Although Micheal does help out a bit on the weekends, it doesn't change the fact that I am still Zoey's mom and she doesn't become any more independent just because it's the weekend. I am still her primary food source, diaper changer, problem solver and snuggle partner. Showers, naps and hair appointments have now become my "time off" (Short, very short, but I'll take it!)


I gave in to peer pressure tonight and went trick-or-treating with Michael, in the pantry!
We settled in with our stash (8 piece max) and watched The Expendables on Netflix.

(Oh yeah, we dropped Cable today in an effort to save some $$. I'm pretty sad about it, but we started a free trial on Netflix...we'll see how it goes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment