Friday, July 27, 2012

A LONG Journey

The goal this morning was to get all five of us packed up (can't forget about the pups), give Zoey a bath and be ready to hit the road when Michael got home at 12:30. We were leaving for Idaho to attend the Lubovich family reunion, Lubofest! 

After Zoey's bath, I took a moment to try some new hairstyles on her. I get so stressed when we have to pack up and go somewhere, so fun breaks like this are much needed!

Combed to the front!

The "Don King"; or maybe the "DJ Pauly D" (if you don't know who he is, Google him! :)

Combed to the back!

We call this one "The Zoe Zoe"! 
Pretty and sleek, just like mama likes it :)

Once Michael got home, it was time to load up the car. I was not excited about the 8+ hour journey we were about to embark on, but I knew it would be worth it once we got to our destination. I mentally prepared myself for the multiple stops we were going to have to make for Zoey and put a smile on my face as I buckled her into her car seat. 

I looked down and saw that she was getting started on her book without me!
Smarty Pants ;)

After dropping the puppies off at my mom's house, we were off! It was a nice quiet ride as Zoey slept, and eventually it wasn't hard to tell when we needed to break for a feeding...


She was moving her mouth as if she was eating, haha

After she ate, we did our best to give her some tummy time.
(I didn't realize Mike was getting me in the picture! Grr)

In preparation for the trip, I did some reading about taking babies on road trips. I found that it's not advised to have them in the car seat for long periods of time (Duh!) and that you should get them out as often as possible (every few hours, or sooner if they're showing signs of discomfort). They said that although the car seat is well designed to support baby's body, it can also be tough on baby's developing spine after too long.

So, our stops added quite a bit of time to our trip, but it was worth it. Towards the end (at about 9 PM), after a feeding, Zoey fell asleep for the night and we powered through the rest of the drive.

After one of our stops...
Snoozin' away with Twinkle :)

Can't wait for Lubofest tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment