Today was our first painting day and it started out somewhat frantically. I was supposed to have the living room and kitchen taped last night so that we could get started painting when my mom arrived this morning. Well, I didn't even have the paint color picked out until this morning! I had narrowed my choices down considerably, but it wasn't until we got to Lowes and I was standing in front of the paint mixer guy, that I agreed to go with the Summerhouse Blue that was on the paint chip I was nervously gripping. (I hope it's not called "Summerhouse Blue" because you're not supposed to put it in your regular house!!?) After committing to a color, it was time to gather all of the brushes, rollers, tape and trays we were going to need for the day. Once the paint was mixed, we hurried through the check-out and headed home to get started. (I should make it clear that my mom was coming over to help because, after the experience of painting Zoey's room, Michael said he had done his painting for the YEAR! He specifically hated the taping, which I must admit, was the worst part).
Chatting it up with Twinkle, before we headed to Lowes
After eating; waiting for Grandma to arrive.
Check out those tired eyes!
Knocked out!
Looks like she was trying to escape and fell asleep in the process :)
When my mom arrived, we visited for a little bit and then it was time to get to work! We started taping (after she pointed out that it was supposed to have been done the night before! Gotta love moms!) and Michael took Zoey out into the garage to keep her away from the fumes. I was so excited to finally be embarking on the painting project I had planned in my mind from the day we first toured the house!
Just as I was ready to roll on the first bit of paint, Zoey's cries could be heard from the garage and Michael informed us that he was pretty sure she was hungry. At that point I myself wanted to cry as I turned to my mom and whined, "I wanted to be the first one to put paint on the wall!" :( She calmly told me, "Well, then do a few strokes real quick and then go feed her". I proudly picked up the roller and as I saw the pretty blue slowly covering up the ugly brick red, I knew my dreams for our home were starting to take shape!
Bye, bye, Red!
We still have a long ways to go and it's going to take two coats, but I don't care. I am almost 100% sure I picked the right color and, other than the tedious taping, I really enjoy painting!


No comments:
Post a Comment