This morning I was super excited when I heard the doorbell and the "thud" of a box hitting the ground. I knew it was the stuff I had ordered from Kohls a few days earlier! I get emails from Kohls, it seems like almost everyday, letting me know about their sales. While the emails are usually just annoying and uninteresting, every now and then I get one about the Kohls Cares program. Kohls teams up with different authors and they sell books and stuffed animals at great prices (usually $5) and the money goes to supports kids' health and education initiatives.
It will be a while before Zoey is reading any of these books, or even playing with the stuffed animals, but I couldn't pass up a great opportunity to expand her library, while donating to a good cause. Last time, I purchased a book from inside a Kohls store, so I was happy to see a greater selection online. As I started browsing, I noticed that everything was on sale for only $2.50!! Five dollars was already a great price, but $2.50?! I couldn't wait to place my order!
I hope Zoey will be as excited about these as I am!
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
I bought the book last year ($5) and the bear this time ($2.50)
Down By The Cool Of The Pool
A story about a frog and his animal friends, showing off their dance moves "down by the cool of the pool"
Giraffes Can't Dance
(That is Zoey's giraffe, Twinkle, from Target)
A story about a giraffe who doesn't think he can dance as well as all of the other animals because his legs usually get tangled up. Eventually, he finds his own rhythm and becomes the best dancer around!
I also ordered a great cookie cookbook, now that I am a baker and all! It contains some really cool recipes; everything from sugar cookies to fortune cookies!
When Zoey is ready, I know we are going to have a blast reading these books together. I love the idea of having the matching stuffed animal for her to hold onto as we read :)
Zoey will love them! I love Kohl's $5 animals. When Jacob was a baby, I bought a $5 stuffed dog. It is now his special animal and he has slept with it every night since he turned one. I definitely got my money's worth! I need to pick up something for Ryan now!
ReplyDelete